Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:28 PM

Mine helps me if I have a quilt in the frame and need to roll it. He helps me pick out fabric sometimes too.
He says he helps with the whole thing from start to finish. (From right here in his recliner) haha
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
Mine doesn't help me sew or quilt - except when we travel he asks if we need to stop at any quilt shops along the way. But is he is great around the house - does the vaccuuming and cleans the bathrooms. He gets out the shop-vac and does baseboards, furniture and moves furniture to vaccuum under. He will spend an hour on a bathroom. I don't do it to suit his liking so that's fine with me. I guess it comes from his being in the military for 23 years and working in a hospital lab. But he's the best - I wouldn't trade him for anything
Your husband sounds just like mine, Grandma Sue!! My husband is retired a school custodian ( 38 years) and he is a cleaning machine!! Bathrooms are his thing...top to bottom....same thing I don't do them as well as he . He's great!! I too would not trade him for anything!!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Mine is willing to give opinions and help with quality control, but no actual touching of the fabric--LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 05:43 PM

When my DH goes into a fabric store with me, I always end up spending 2-3 times as much as I would have. He seems to have a good eye for finding focus fabrics, but helps with the coordinates too. He also helps a lot with the pattern planning and/or changes midstream. Very encouraging and supportive.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:01 PM

No husband anymore but my guy will move all the stuff around for me every time I want to rearrange. He makes shelves or whatever I need. He helps with layout, color choices, goes shopping with me. And sometimes he justs sits and keeps me company and talks to me while I am sewing. I cook dinner but he does the dishes every night and never says I spend to much time sewing.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM

My hubby has his own hobby restoring old bicycles while I spend my time in my sewing/quilting room. If I need to go to LQS for something he always asks if I want him to take me. There are times I am not up to driving so he will takes me and waits while I shop.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM

Yes my hubby helps me .Hes great when it comes to getting ready to quilt.He helps me with getting the top,backing and batting together.We have a good time doing it.That way he can say he helped.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Not mine. He says he will do any cooking,cleaning,laundry,even iron, but just don't ask him to do anything with quilting except for finding me fabric and paying for it. He has very good taste at picking out fabrics. Just last weekend at 2 WMs he bought me over $500.00 worth of fabric for around $200.00. I got many childrens pieces and some great other pieces. They measured from i yd. to even 2 pieces of 8 yds. They were from $1 to 2.50 a yard. Reg. 2.97 to 5.97 a yd. Talk about a HAPPY GIRL. Right now he is putting together a lg. bookcase for smaller pcs. of fabric.and quilting books. My walk in closet is packed from floor to ceiling and wall to wall of 2 to 3 stacks deep. Each piece tagged with amount. I am what you would call a SUPER DUPER FARBICHOLIC!!! It is such a fun addiction. I will be sewing for MANY years to come. Plus everything I have made and learned on my own, I have given away. It is such a joy. Sorry I got carried away!!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 PM

oh yes, he is my cutter and mathematician as well as driving force behind UFO finishing! I like traditional patchwork type quilts and he is more artistic and out of the box so he makes his own too.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:50 PM

My DH not only cuts for me but he has learned how to sew and has make over 40 tops in the past year and a half. But , he still won't fill his on bobbin.