Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap >

“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap

“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap

Old 12-28-2014, 04:30 PM

Isn't this pink candy quilt cute? I saw it here on quilting board. http://www.quiltingboard.com/attachm...71-2014-11.jpg
Old 12-28-2014, 07:19 PM

Cyndy! That's adorable!!! We could all make that!

Soooooo I can't find my iron. But after cutting ALL new candy for our swap, I of course found the ones I'd set aside before my move.....I guess I'm already ready for the next swap!! Speaking of which....I've been pondering a theme for the next swap. Do you know how many Holidays are in March? Check this out! http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/march.htm

(Watch mail this week for late candy deliveries!!!)
Old 12-28-2014, 10:38 PM

Happy Holidays to all - every holiday, no matter what you might celebrate. We, too have birthdays close to Christmas - DD is Dec 11 and DH is coming up on Jan. 2. All of the Christmas decorating has to happen between these two dates, although, at mid-forties, DD tells me it's OK to decorate before her birthday now. I never did when she was little so her bday wasn't overshadowed.

As for the candy swap, Sheri R, I don't "need" mine for a while so don't fret on my account. I'm sure, though, that you are ready to have that obligation out of the way! Glad you got moved in, although that's a relative term I know! Thank you for doing all of this, in spite of having to move. You're a Dear!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:41 AM

lol at SheriR, made me think of a line in that Buffett song...."Searching for my lost shaker of salt!"
Old 12-29-2014, 06:19 PM

I'm ready for another swap. They are getting adictive! HA,HA. How about national quilters day swap or there is always March Madness swap!!! How about a color theme Yellow, Aqua,Teal, Turquoise Rose or 5 of each different color. Since I am just sitting here My thoughts are going crazy. I will leave the choice to you, Sheri.
I am so glad your move has gone fairly smooth. May you have your sewing space up and going soon. I have not moved in 26 years, And am hoping for a lot more years of the same.
I am looking forward to receiving the candies this week. Thank you for the special care you have taken with the move and all.

Last edited by trish b; 12-29-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:49 AM

SheriR, I'm glad your move went well! If you only missed place a few items, I think that is great. When we moved (last time was over 15 years ago), it would take me 6 months to locate where I had placed things in the new place. One of the fun aspects of moving. You did a great job moving and dealing with the holidays, all in less than 2 months.

Also, SheriR, thank- you for hosting these swaps. You have done a great job hosting and monitoring!!! I really look forward to them.

I'm also looking forward to getting my package in 2015. It could be my 1st one this year. Yea!!!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!!! My was quiet and overall uneventful. I hope everyone has a Happy and Blessed and safe New Year!!!!!!!!!

Again I will have a quiet New Years. Just plan on copying several mystery quilt instructions throughout the day. So I can make later in the year. At this time due to my knee, I can't get into my lovely sewing room yet. Maybe in a week or two.

Bye yea for this year!!!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 11:09 AM

Happylab - I'm curious about the mystery quilts you refer to. Where can we find out info on these? I have enough to work on tomorrow, but like you, I may want to copy them and work on them later. Thanks,
Cyndy
Old 12-31-2014, 11:44 AM

I ditto that question Cyndy!! Happylab - my mini group is considering a mystery quilt sew-along. I did find some here.... http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpa...ystery_row.htm

my friend gets one every New Year's Day to sew throughout the day. She usually does it on NYD however I really don't know what site she uses either. When I find out - I'll share

Happy New Years all!! Glad you got to spend it closer to your kids Sheri! Hopefully I will join you again next swap.... meanwhile my Jane is awaiting her last square! Gotta get the fabric out of storage [my Mom's dress]
Have been ignoring the thread
Gus
Old 12-31-2014, 03:01 PM

Oh happy new year to you all! You're so wonderful sticking happily throught my turmoil. I can't begin to say how appreciative I am. Good to see you Gus. My DearJane thinks I hate her. I put my DJ tubs front and center though!!! I'm actually up for a mystery tomorrow! Or QuiltAlong. Or just ME sewing!!! Here's a pic of what I've been doing today. I sent my hubby for more tape and PO envelopes. Then I found my priority padded enveloped in my PolkaDot box I saved all y'all's swap packages in during the move. (Glad they aren't with my iron....it's still MIA)

I'm one swapper package short. I just really needed to get the swap done. If I get her package I'll save it for the next go round!!!

Again HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 12-31-2014, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by CyndyK View Post
Happylab - I'm curious about the mystery quilts you refer to. Where can we find out info on these? I have enough to work on tomorrow, but like you, I may want to copy them and work on them later. Thanks,
Cyndy
CyndyK - Bonnie Hunter, at Quiltville.com has just begun a mystery. She gives great instructions and illustrations/pictures. You can read others' comments and questions and submit your own. Bonnie is great about answering questions and clearing up confusion.

Good luck and happy quilting.