Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-18-2011, 05:01 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Well, I am still in Ga. but was not sure if I would be or not so I had my pkg sent home to Louisiana. Have been calling son everyday for 4 days to check to be sure he did not miss it. He let me know last night that I did get it and he sent a pic from his phone . He has failed to tell me who it is from tho. :-( so until he gets home from work this afternoon I won't know who to thank properly. So if you are my SP and see this posting please let me know so I can give you a proper thank you. From what I can tell in the picture I received some Best Press(which I LOVE) Universal machine needles( which I was in desperate need of, down to my last 2 needles) and hand sewing needles which I also desperately needed as I do not have ANY. Also a few other things I am not sure of until Eric gets home so I can ask him, atleast one FQ and a bottle of something-?? So I will know more this afternoon but did not want to wait any longer before posting that I did receive my pkg.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:59 AM

I hope everyone gets to feeling better! Hugs to everyone!

arizonagirl I LOVE your mug rug! That is so cute! and I didn't know you used to barrel race. Both of my daughters are barrel racers.

Great packages everyone. :)
Old 08-18-2011, 06:07 AM

Great packages everyone. Hope it doesn't get crowded on the bench so that someone falls off! I hope all of you that are in pain get to feeling better soon.

I am leaving to go to Birmingham, Al to see my brother. He is on an L-Vad (left ventrical assist device) and not doing well. I would appreciate prayers for him. His name is Dennis.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 AM

Prayers going out for returned health for your brother and a safe road trip for you. Dar
Old 08-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Faye praying for Dennis. Juli this banged up list some of us are on really isn't fun. You didn't need to join us. lol Hope everyone feels better soon. Great swaps again today.Arizonagirl aren't you the lucky one getting the snowglobe mugrug. Did you like it at all??LOL.Everyone be careful and have a good day. Mary
Old 08-18-2011, 08:36 AM

Gingerly I walk to the computer and sit down to tell you thank you for the good healing vibes sent my way, I think they must be helping as I am feeling alittle better! Not great but better! Thank you all for your concern. The packages have been flying right and left around the world and they look great. I think that I idea of taking a picture of what you send before you ship it off is a good one. That way if your sp doesn't have a camera or doesn't know how to post a picture you could post it for them. It's a win win situation. I don't think you should post them before your sp gets the package though. That way they get the fun of showing what they got if they are able to do so. I am sending a couple of books that I have received here, I read them and enjoyed them so much that I would like to allow someone else to have that pleasure also. Would that be a problem with anyone?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 AM

The quilt that is pictured in my avitar won 1st place at the fair!!!!! I am so excited as this is my first time entering anything and then to get first place against a lot of the quilters in our quild thsat have been quilting alot longer than I have--WOW is all I can say!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Wow, Robyn, what an awesome mug rug and package!
Everyone else too, great packages sent and received.

I too hope you all not feeling well get to feel better soon. I woke up a bit sore and stiff, but getting better as the day progresses.

Lori, I think regifting books is a great idea.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 AM

Lori,

i think regifting books is a good idea, I have done that myself for my last two months swaps. it adds to the $10 without any cost
Pleased you are feeling a little better

Canny
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 AM

Congratulations mtquilter09 on winning first place at the fair. Awesome!

Lori, I re-gift magazines also. I make copies of patterns I would like to make and keep them in a notebook with clear pages. That way I don't have to hunt through magazines for a pattern.