Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap >

“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap

“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap

Old 01-05-2015, 07:03 PM

Hi Sheri, I recieved my squares today! That's always exciting!!!
I'm ready for the next swap!!
Your little mini is so cute,I love mini's ! Do you do the mini quilt swap?
I still have four UFO's to finish this month! Trying to get my four swaps for this month finished this week.Than I will finish UFO'S!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:14 PM

PeginCO, I'm glad you enjoyed the mystery quilt. If you decide to post, maybe post in the pic section, and just state it's a mystery quilt. Most members may not know it's a mystery from there unless, they have seen the final product. I would love to see your finally product. Or at least the fabric you used.

SheriR, I received my package of candy pieces. The fabric looks, oh so pretty. Thank you for the white packet of squares. Next month, I will start the process of sorting and combining into different categories to start making my scrappy quilts. Again thank-you to everyone.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:55 PM

Ok, happylab! I will do that as soon as I have all the blocks together. I will try to remember to pm you to check for it!

Sheri - LOVE THE CANDY! Thank you so, so much for hosting. And thank you everyone for participating. It is so fun to thumb through all the little pieces. I dream of the quilt I will someday make!
Old 01-05-2015, 09:48 PM

SheriR, I also received my candies today. Thank you for the "White December Candies" I have just the project for them. The post office is on the job, from Friday to Monday is great service.( I'm a former Postal carrier)!!!
Chonchey Thanks for the extra "Sunshine Candies".
I really like all the candies and batiks and am ready to start my Trip Around The World. This is really exciting.
SheriR, where do you get the little bags? They are the perfect size. I don't do much shopping or I would have seen them some where. Again I do not have the words to tell you how Much we all appreciate all the work that goes into the swap. Hope home life is starting to shape up and you have less boxes every day. Happy New Year to all.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:15 PM

Where do I start?

First, I think the po is amazing! All the way from me to Washington and Oregon!! If you two got your package, everyone should have!

Next, PeginCO I don't think you'd be giving away the mystery. Bonnie posted the reveal and there's a thread here where people are posting their tops. I wanted to do this years but my move happened when the Mystery started. I kept a bin of my fabrics so I could start it but never got to. I've done the three previous years though and love them. Your colors sound soooooo fantastic!

And, I get my candy bags at HobbyLobby. I use to cut snack baggies in half after I sewed up the center of them but I got lazy. These bags from HL are only a few dollars for 100 soooooo THATS what I started using.

Lastly, my next swap.....get ready. You know I'll get it posted. I just haven't picked my theme. I was thinking National Quilting Day, but March Madness sure suits me right now lol!!!! I do already have candy for it from one of you.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

I got my candies yesterday and thank Sheri for hosting a great swap! Also thanks for the WOW White December squares. Thanks to everyone who sent in squares!

Happylab, thank you for posting all those mystery quilt-alongs. I am doing Bonnie Hunter's but haven't yet had time to assemble all of my blocks. Soon... I had a few charity projects come due and have had to work on finishing them first.

Love the mini quilt, Sheri!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:11 AM

I received my candy yesterday. Thanks to all that participated. I am going to start separating my charms into like colors.
I have in mind a quilt top that one color fades into another color. I saw a quilt like that but don't remember where.
Sherri, thank you for the white squares. They will be used!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:38 AM

Boo Hoo .. I'm still waiting...I'm so jealous that so many have received their candy...Hope it comes today...
Old 01-06-2015, 08:18 AM

I got mine yesterday, too. They are wonderful, of course! I already have 15 sets cut for next time : ). I'm sure having a lot of fun sorting and playing. Thanks everyone.

Also, a theme for next time could be spring. The first day of spring is my bday, so I'm partial. : )
Old 01-06-2015, 09:49 AM

My charms came today. There are so many pretty pieces that I can hardly wait to look through each package! Thanks everyone who swapped and a BIG thank you to Sheri. I'm sure this swap was the most difficult swap ever! And I love the Winter Charms. Thanks again! And Sheri, your mini is fabulous!

trish b, I found my little sack at Wally World in the jewelery making department. They had maybe 6 different sizes.

PeginCo, I'm watching for your mystery quilt!