Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 February 2012 BOM Pictures >

1 February 2012 BOM Pictures

1 February 2012 BOM Pictures

Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by rural01 View Post
I too have four kitties, so this was a no-brainer for me. [ATTACH=CONFIG]309736[/ATTACH]I've decided that I am not fond of triangles in paper piecing. By the last one though, it was a breeze. Gosh, learning new things is tough!
Your four kitties Heart Cat block for February turned out really great!! The different fabric's that you put together are very lovely too. I am so glad that you found the last block to go together so much easier. I love these BOM projects, as it always seems to make us try something that we may never have though we could do. What a great learning experience. Thank you sharing with us today.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by AddieLou View Post
I had found so many Valentines ideas that I wanted to try that I just used several of them. I think that I would like to do one with four kitties to represent my four.
AddieLou..........you really did find some wonderful Valentine blocks to put with your Heart Cat block. Your fabric's are so bright & cheery making your block just beautiful. I do love the heart pattern's, very nice. Thank you too, for sharing with all of us today on the quilting board. Everyone is doing a wonderful job!!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:16 PM

This is my February block. I am really enjoying this BOM and learning so much. It is my first time to do anything like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309758[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails febsquare.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM

rural01, I love the different fabrics. The bottom one on the right looks like chocolate and strawberry ice cream melting and swirling together. I also really like the happy daisies in the top left.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:31 PM

Diana, the colors in yours are stunning, so rich and deep-beautiful!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:59 PM

I started out with the idea that I would make one section the PP cat and another section with a PP face of a cat. I couldn't find a paper piecing pattern of a cat's face, but I did find one of a dog's face. I spent a couples changing the pattern which was a first for me. After all that work, I felt the face had too much of a harshness with the lines in the face and overall just didn't pick up the softness of the cat block. I'm planning on using the face block elsewhere in the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309834[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]309826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]309837[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4110.jpg   img_4109.jpg   img_4111.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 PM

vintagemotif, your doggie is cute. I love the marbled look of your batiks-those are some of my favorite colors.

I have finished half of my block which is made up of two kitties and I'm trying to figure out my other 6".
Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Andii View Post
vintagemotif, your doggie is cute. I love the marbled look of your batiks-those are some of my favorite colors.

I have finished half of my block which is made up of two kitties and I'm trying to figure out my other 6".
Thanks!

Eeks! I should have proof read my post. I was trying to say that I found a dog face paper piecing pattern that I tried to modify into a cat face and fit into the size of the 6" block. I was able to work with the lower half of the pattern, the heart shape, but the eyes and top of head I had to modify. I think the face I made looks more like a bear, oh well.

I gave up trying to think of what to do with the rest of the block after all that work (took me a couple of days), and just went with this, which I'm very pleased with!

I like the batiks too. I would like to use this fabric in some of the other blocks- will see if that works.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by walk-n-roll View Post
This is my February block. I am really enjoying this BOM and learning so much. It is my first time to do anything like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309758[/ATTACH]
What a beautiful February Heart Cat block!! Your fabric's are gorgeous & they all go together nicely. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying being a part of this 2012 Calendar BOM. It is so fun to learn new things & venture out there, further than you thought you could reach. You did it, congratulation's & thank you for sharing with all of us.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I started out with the idea that I would make one section the PP cat and another section with a PP face of a cat. I couldn't find a paper piecing pattern of a cat's face, but I did find one of a dog's face. I spent a couples changing the pattern which was a first for me. After all that work, I felt the face had too much of a harshness with the lines in the face and overall just didn't pick up the softness of the cat block. I'm planning on using the face block elsewhere in the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309834[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]309826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]309837[/ATTACH]
Oh My Goodness what a great cat face creation that you have come up with. It couldn't be any cuter, than it already is. Also your Heart Cat block is just as wonderful & looks so great with your January block. It looks to me like you are having a lot of fun!! Thank you so much for sharing all three of your pictures with us.