Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gigi07
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I save a lot of things to recycle them for other things. Such as the cardboard square from the fat quarters (exapmle of uses: templates, the pincushion chair that some on the board made a couple of months ago) the ziplock bags that walgreens put each prescription in (One of the things that I use these for is to put templates that I have made for a project and write name on it) My migraine meds come that is square hard case that has a snap open top (this the perfect size to put used rotary blades in and needles for safe disposal) So my question is would anyone be interested in getting some of these things in their swap package? I just wanted to get a general feel for how everyone felt about getting to recycle for other uses. There are many other uses for some of these things.
I recycle and would like to receive a recycled gift in a SP package...Great idea
I too am a use it up, wear it out, and then recycle it. And now I am going to bed for real.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:26 PM

[quote=arizonagirl]I save a lot of things to recycle them for other things. Such as the cardboard square from the fat quarters (exapmle of uses: templates, the pincushion chair that some on the board made a couple of months ago) the ziplock bags that walgreens put each prescription in (One of the things that I use these for is to put templates that I have made for a project and write name on it) My migraine meds come that is square hard case that has a snap open top (this the perfect size to put used rotary blades in and needles for safe disposal) So my question is would anyone be interested in getting some of these things in their swap package? I just wanted to get a general feel for how everyone felt about getting to recycle for other uses. There are many other uses for some of these things.[/quote

I love to re-purpose things. I try to remember to put that in my answers. I catch myself saving the craziest things, thinking, "I can do something with that."
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
Originally Posted by reeskylr

What kind of problem are you having with the Bow Tucks, I have made 6 of them so far and haven't had a big problem except with my first put the button closer on the front rather then the back...
It's probably my own patience. I have one half made and it doesn't 'look' right. I looked at how they were going to do the inside pockets, got frustrated and laid it all aside. Mebbe I'll get back to it at some point.
You needed to put the inside pockets in before you sewed up the sides.... from what I can see of yours, to bad you don't live close by would be glad to help you with it ....
HAHA, well that is one problem solved then. Thanks. And yes, I wish you were nearby too. ;)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM

Arizona--good idea on the recycling and re-using!

Very nice packages; some hints too!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 PM

I save a lot of things to recycle them for other things. Such as the cardboard square from the fat quarters (exapmle of uses: templates, the pincushion chair that some on the board made a couple of months ago) the ziplock bags that walgreens put each prescription in (One of the things that I use these for is to put templates that I have made for a project and write name on it) My migraine meds come that is square hard case that has a snap open top (this the perfect size to put used rotary blades in and needles for safe disposal) So my question is would anyone be interested in getting some of these things in their swap package? I just wanted to get a general feel for how everyone felt about getting to recycle for other uses. There are many other uses for some of these things.
i would love getting things like that, new ideas for storage, and different uses...just put a note what you use each thing for, so we all have a clue where to start!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:17 PM

I was planning to get my package today out after work, unfortunately, I had to work late and didn't get to the P.O. like I planned. If everything goes smoothly tomorrow, I will hit the P.O. and get my package out.

My partner lives in the central U.S. More clues to come....
Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 PM

My package was put into yet another box at the post office cause it saved me money to sent it in the if it fits it ships box! But got it on it's way finally! Going to go to bed as have to be at hospital at 8:30am tomorrow for MRI. night all great pacages posted today! Will see you all later!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
My package was put into yet another box at the post office cause it saved me money to sent it in the if it fits it ships box! But got it on it's way finally! Going to go to bed as have to be at hospital at 8:30am tomorrow for MRI. night all great pacages posted today! Will see you all later!
good luck on your mri tommorrow, hope they find the problem and fix it fast!!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 09-12-2011, 09:29 PM

I thought that I would share this with everyone. Free tea samples while they last. I did it and figured since I don't drink tea that I could send it to an SP.

http://www.twiningsusa.com/pantry/
Old 09-12-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Good luck on your MRI Lori. We will be thinking about you. Hope you were able to sleep. :)