Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by koko
Originally Posted by LLWinston44
Wow, everyone is really getting their packages out!! I'm still working on filling mine!!! Better hurry, only 2 more days!! Lol it's just that this is my first, and I really want to make it nice.
I'm sure it will be great - quilters are easy to please. If you are looking for some ideas you can always go back to the August SP threads to see photos of what people sent last month
Thanks!! I actually did, and it seems like you guys really like to give out the hook up! The only problem for me is I'm new to sewing/quilting and so it poses a problem for me to shop in my own stash. lol.

I talked to Lori today though so I've got a couple ideas. :o)
Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 PM

got my squishy in the mail today! Hope my SP likes the pkg. she will have to wait a week or so to get it. So hang in there it is on its way. The squishy is pretty pink. There is a book (she likes to read) and a cookie cutter (she likes to bake)Of course a little chocolate to try, oh yea pkg.of buttons just to name a few items.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
My package will be on its way tomorrow! I just have to pick up a few more little goodies and then it will be off to a four letter state. :)
I'm in a 4 letter state... :D
Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 PM

I save a lot of things to recycle them for other things. Such as the cardboard square from the fat quarters (exapmle of uses: templates, the pincushion chair that some on the board made a couple of months ago) the ziplock bags that walgreens put each prescription in (One of the things that I use these for is to put templates that I have made for a project and write name on it) My migraine meds come that is square hard case that has a snap open top (this the perfect size to put used rotary blades in and needles for safe disposal) So my question is would anyone be interested in getting some of these things in their swap package? I just wanted to get a general feel for how everyone felt about getting to recycle for other uses. There are many other uses for some of these things.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Wow, everyone is really getting their packages out!! I'm still working on filling mine!!! Better hurry, only 2 more days!! Lol it's just that this is my first, and I really want to make it nice.
Kim, don't stress about your package, I personally would love anything you sent. Am I your SP?
lol. Thanks!!!! No, you're not...... wait, are we allowed to say tell??? lol......
And Candi weasels info out of another newbie swapper. You gat to watch her she's tricksie like that.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Great pkgs everyone! So dissappointed that pkg wasn't for me but I'm sure peaches will have a good home with Faye! LOL Hope to get my pkg in the mail tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 PM

No package for me yet.

But one of my pals got her package today and she liked it.

Ihave seen some great packages today.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I save a lot of things to recycle them for other things. Such as the cardboard square from the fat quarters (exapmle of uses: templates, the pincushion chair that some on the board made a couple of months ago) the ziplock bags that walgreens put each prescription in (One of the things that I use these for is to put templates that I have made for a project and write name on it) My migraine meds come that is square hard case that has a snap open top (this the perfect size to put used rotary blades in and needles for safe disposal) So my question is would anyone be interested in getting some of these things in their swap package? I just wanted to get a general feel for how everyone felt about getting to recycle for other uses. There are many other uses for some of these things.
I recycle and would like to receive a recycled gift in a SP package...Great idea
Old 09-12-2011, 08:19 PM

well got all caught up on the pages, couldn't believe how many were posted in just one day while I was at work. I'm only 2 hours late getting to bed.
Nice packages received! Sleep tight everyone- hope all dreams tonight are good dreams and restful, especially mine.
;-)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by Gigi07
Surprise... Surprise!!!! I got my SP package today! It came at just the right time. I really needed a pick me up today.. Thanks so much Candi! Ha.. I have been reading the clues and your was the only ones that even came close and to think you was my SP a couple of months ago! I love every thing and the chocolate came through fine.. not melted at all.. The 4 legged kids didn't want to wait until I got the picture taken for their treats... I love the pattern and fabrics also... Thank you very much... love the package...
Gina, do you think Lori planned this one? :mrgreen: I am still waiting on something I ordered for you. Hopefully it'll arrive this week and I will send it your way.
Candi, I am really surprised you got me this time! I love my package... will have to have a talk with Lori lol