Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-02-2024, 05:16 AM

Yes, Janice, I have watched the video that was created by the designer of the templates and pattern. I will watch some others, Duh, why didn't I think of that. Oh, well off to my sewing day with Cleopatra's Fan in my hands, I must get a method of piecing in established and start moving forward. I have until June but these bug-a -boos have me stymied. I would rather be making boom blocks or working on other things. Sigh, off I go.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I'm trying to get a few projects done before I begin to start on the Boom blocks.

Several years ago DH asked for an Illusion quilt and he picked out the Escher quilt. The pattern was only available at that time as a kit so I went ahead and ordered it. The only choices of fabric I had was either Kaffe Fassett or batiks, I chose batiks. I wasn't fond of the several pink shades that were included as I feared they would not be masculine enough for a man but chose to use them anyhow. He is delighted with the quilt but I am tempted to make another in different colors and a bit larger. The finished quilt measures 74X78..

Cheese
Wow, that quilt is so cool and looks really difficult to make. It really is beautiful.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I have been to PT, taken a walk, and voted in our primary election. It is 67degrees out side. Too warm for February, but good for a jaunt around the neighborhood and getting to the polls. I was impressed with the number of folks actually voting in person. Participation is important.

Getting things done before Booms arrive on Thursday, just like others are doing. Two down and one ready to go under the quilting needle this afternoon. Straight line channel stitching because it is FAST. Two should be out the door this weekend. One is waiting for the baby to be born so I can add the name to the label. Then swoosh, that one out the door too. Time to fill the bobbins and get stitching!
WMUteach, both of your quilts are gorgeous.
Old 03-02-2024, 05:59 AM

My package arrived on Thursday. I did not get a chance to open the package yet as life gets in the way. And I am taking a class on learning how to spin yarn with a drop spindle. Today is the final class. I am also test knitting a new hat pattern for a designer friend of mine. My husband says I am getting ready for the apocalypse, I have socks on my needles too. I am enjoying the class very much learning how the yarn and garments were created before machines took over. I am not pleased with my samples of spun yarn as I am not consistent in the finished product. I feel my yarn has to many slubs or bumps in it. I know the slubs will work themselves out the longer I spin.

I love the quilts posted, I am always in awe of the talent in this group. So many great works of art. I have a couple of quilts I hope to get finished in the next couple of months.

Hope you have a great Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails spindle.jpg   yarn.jpg  
Old 03-02-2024, 07:53 AM

LStew- I seem to attract new and different things to learn. It’s part of our creative personality. I thank God I do not live in past centuries where I would have to master all those skills, kill and pluck the chicken, etc!
I just enjoy learning the process. And as with quilting, keep practicing

I did pull a few patterns and fabric out to start playing tomorrow
Old 03-02-2024, 08:25 AM

A block for Hav. This is a new one to me and I love it. For some reason I saw it in the 1000 blocks book, B Squared is its name, and I immediately knew it was right for the fabric. Hope you like it, Hav4boys.
Attached Thumbnails img_5408.jpeg  
Old 03-02-2024, 09:26 AM

That's a great block Janice, I love those colors together!

This block is for Reba using her beautiful ballerinas.
Attached Thumbnails img_0426.jpg  
Old 03-02-2024, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Love that B squared block for Hav, Janice! You are right... it's perfect for her green fabric.

Pretty ballerinas, Cheese! That's going to be a pretty quilt.

Today's the day, I hope! I can't wait for the mailman to come.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:26 AM

Cheesehead love your ballerina block, I darn near chose the same block for mine

Janice the B squared is a very fun new block

I tried to pull fabric for some of the blocks and all my colors were mixed together and it was a disaster trying to find anything. Instead of sewing a couple hours of organizing with the few containers that were here helped considerably.

First block is for Reba and the second block is for Libster. Lobster’s fabric worked perfectly for fussy cutting the corners and center
Attached Thumbnails img_3418.jpeg   img_3420.jpeg  
Old 03-02-2024, 10:38 AM

Wow thank you for my blocks and pulling out the blues. I’m so excited already they look fantastic. Loving Libsters and Hav4boys blocks. Looks like another exciting swap. I just ran to JAF for some PotterMania. :-)