Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-01-2024, 01:53 PM

got my package today ! Looking forward to playing with the fabric, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday to do so.

We met with a realtor on Wednesday to put our house back on the market, and he's got someone coming to take pictures on Sunday so DH and I are busy getting the house ready. We're moving some stuff out to the trailer so it looks more open, and most of it is in my LA room, so I'm making a lot of trips up and down the stairs. I never painted that room before we moved the LA in, and with getting the other stuff out I'm thinking I may be able to do that tomorrow so it looks nice for the photo shoot.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:56 PM

My first block is for Libster. If this purple is too dark let me know and I will change it out.

Cheese
Attached Thumbnails img_0423.jpg  
Old 03-01-2024, 02:30 PM

Cheese, not to dark. I love it! You and Janice both have made me gorgeous blocks. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2024, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Love your Weathervane, Janice and the double star block Cheese made. Sounds like everyone will soon have their packages. Today I'm working on quilting some tops. I've been out walking but it's muddy and gloomy, so a better day to stay inside and sew.
Old 03-01-2024, 03:01 PM

Reba I hope this is what you had in mind, what a beautiful ballerina. She had to go in the block
Attached Thumbnails img_3415.jpeg  
Old 03-01-2024, 05:18 PM

Package arrived this afternoon just before I went to the Sr. Center to sandwich two quilts. Quilt group work day tomorrow. I will not be taking your little F8ths with me because I have to get going on the Cleopatra's Fan Blocks I am doing for someone else. "Why, oh, why did I volunteer to do these?" They are hard or I guess I can say difficult. I wanted to help out someone and was up for a challenge. A friend's mom started the quilt before she passed away but only made a few blocks. So I have most, nearly all of the blocks to make. I attached a photo of the pattern. Has any one made this block? I did find a different way to assemble them from what is in the pattern and going to give that a try. I have about 70 to make.

Back to the Spring Boom. I looked at most of the little packages and blocks are dashing through my brain. Monday will be a good day to begin creating Spring Time Blooms Booms.

Attached Thumbnails cleopatras-fan.jpg  
Old 03-01-2024, 06:14 PM

Terri, love the block you made for Reba! I have fabric pulled to make her block next and I too plan to use the ballerina fabric that's so beautiful.

WMUTeach, there is an Accuquilt die to make the Cleopatra quilt block. I contemplated getting it at one time, maybe one day I will purchase it. Good luck making all of those blocks, they look like a real stinker to make!

Cheese
Old 03-01-2024, 06:33 PM

Cheese, I have the directions and templates to make the pieces, but the directions are unclear after about three steps and the sections don';t match up to make the beautiful fans. I am stumbling with the actually construction of the fan. Thanks for the Acuquilt die suggestion.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Package arrived this afternoon just before I went to the Sr. Center to sandwich two quilts. Quilt group work day tomorrow. I will not be taking your little F8ths with me because I have to get going on the Cleopatra's Fan Blocks I am doing for someone else. "Why, oh, why did I volunteer to do these?" They are hard or I guess I can say difficult. I wanted to help out someone and was up for a challenge. A friend's mom started the quilt before she passed away but only made a few blocks. So I have most, nearly all of the blocks to make. I attached a photo of the pattern. Has any one made this block? I did find a different way to assemble them from what is in the pattern and going to give that a try. I have about 70 to make.
I have only seen them in Inklingo. By hand. Good luck
Old 03-02-2024, 03:06 AM

WMUTeach, it’s a beautiful pattern but I’ve only seen it in pictures. I’m no help. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Maybe someone has put out a video on assembly that you can find.

Yay, blocks! Cheesehead, yours is perfect for Libster’s fabric! Love the purple. Terriamn, you made a beautiful ballerina block for Rebaquilts. Time for me to start my mornings adding blocks to the gallery.

edited to add: WMUTeach, there definitely are videos on YouTube. I watched part of one and moved to the assembly where it’s pretty clear. Try typing in Cleopatra’s Fan and they’ll pop up.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-02-2024 at 03:13 AM.