Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-29-2024, 07:05 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Well, dreary it is not but neither is it warm. Brrr. Bright and sunny and down coat weather but it’s a great improvement.

Just finished a block for Macybaby. It’s a Churned Star, number 993, from the 1000 Blocks book. I like this one although I had a few fits putting it together properly. I’ll be using it again sometime for myself. Hope you like it, Macy.

Enjoy your day! Hoping you get your packages today.
Attached Thumbnails img_5397.jpeg  
Old 02-29-2024, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for my beautiful block, Janice! The green looks great! Love the churned star block too. Don't think I've seen that one before.

I'm glad you all like the kid's sweaters! Knitting is not hard... and you can learn online. I learned to knit when I was about 14 years old. Ladies' magazines like Womans' Day and Family Circle always had knitting patterns in them, back in the 60's and 70's, and they included a pictoral on How To Knit in every issue, too. I taught myself from those, following the pictures step by step. Mom used to be a knitter when we were babies, but she had had a stroke and couldn't remember enough to teach me. Same with sewing... she just gave me her sewing machine because I was the only one in the house using it. Taught myself crochet the same way, too. Now I like to have a project going for the evenings, after sewing day is done, so I can watch TV with hubby and still have something for my hands to do.

Terri, glad you are that far from the fires!
Old 02-29-2024, 12:10 PM

Received my package of F8's in the mail today. Counted 19 baggies so now I am ready to roll!

Cheese
Old 02-29-2024, 01:04 PM

SBG, my mother taught me to knit when I was a kid and I was able to make a nice sweater with a pattered yoke in the style of your mushroom sweater. Carrying thread on the back to make a pattern was tricky at first but then made perfect sense. I loved it. I taught myself to crochet from magazines and books. Don’t do either much anymore.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

Sewbiz- those sweaters are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love to knit. I'm like you- have to have something to work on while we watch movies at night. I can't just sit there.
I just taught myself to crochet because I saw a granny square afghan on Youtube in gorgeous soft colors on a white background. It was fun to make.

Janice, I got my package today. Everyone- I apologize for my lack of 19. I sent Janice 12 pieces of fabric, thinking that was correct and it wasn't.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:17 PM

No worries, SusieQ. It all worked out. Just try to keep up with the posts here so you don’t miss anything. How is hubby doing?

[QUOTE=…Janice, I got my package today. Everyone- I apologize for my lack of 19. I sent Janice 12 pieces of fabric, thinking that was correct and it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

Janice, that churned star is soooo interesting! Wow, I love it.

My hubby is doing well. He lost a lot of blood so he's not springing back as fast as he'd like but he's doing quite well. He's not a patient patient haha. But he is a nice one. He's had a rough 3 years with all kinds of issues and he's such an active person. It's hard on him.
Thanks for asking.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:42 PM

No package today. Boo Hoo But it has arrived at the local distribution site. Tomorrow for sure. I am ready to play and plan and strategize. .

Old 02-29-2024, 05:11 PM

No package for me either.

Sewbiz your little sweaters are fabulous, I can barely knit straight. Crochet I can do so I stand in awe at your talent
Old 02-29-2024, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

Me three for no package. Surely, tomorrow, for all of us.