Boom 31 Spring

Old 02-27-2024, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Finished my snowmen except for the binding. Don’t have enough green fabric down here. Thanks Sewbiz for the quilting ideas
Love the snowman quilt, This would make a great scrap buster.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Soon now!

Adorable snowmen!

For your fabric SBG, I’m out of Christmas green to match so I’ll just have to stop by a LQS for a look. What a hardship. Not.

LogCabin82, I made your block last night out of your fabrics since there were no instructions in the packet. Of course, didn’t think about checking the 2nd package of it and, of course, found one there. I may remake it with an additional color but I love it as is. So simple and it shows off your parrots well.
Janice, your blocks for Log cabin and SBG are wonderful, I love show and tell.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Do you think the snowmen faces need a button eye?
Yes, I think eyes would give each snowman character.

One block this morning for Macybaby. Hope you like it.

Getting up at 5 gives me a lot of quiet time before DH and the dog get up for the day. Does anyone else get up early to piece? I’ve always been an early bird but 5 seems a little silly to me. I’m falling asleep by 9 pm.
One more today. This one is for Travelinggramma. I hope you like the oranges I used and that it will work with your other blocks. I only had a slim ribbon of fabric left. Phew, I knew I was cutting it close, pun unintentional.
TG and Macybaby's blocks are great too. I can't wait to get started. Tracking is showing my package should be here by tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:29 AM

I'm trying to get a few projects done before I begin to start on the Boom blocks.

Several years ago DH asked for an Illusion quilt and he picked out the Escher quilt. The pattern was only available at that time as a kit so I went ahead and ordered it. The only choices of fabric I had was either Kaffe Fassett or batiks, I chose batiks. I wasn't fond of the several pink shades that were included as I feared they would not be masculine enough for a man but chose to use them anyhow. He is delighted with the quilt but I am tempted to make another in different colors and a bit larger. The finished quilt measures 74X78..

Cheese
Attached Thumbnails img_0405.jpg  
Old 02-27-2024, 07:42 AM

Cheesehead - oh my! are they all Y seams?? that is amazing. I have wanted to do an illusion quilt and this is not so much movement! Love it
Old 02-27-2024, 10:04 AM

I have been to PT, taken a walk, and voted in our primary election. It is 67degrees out side. Too warm for February, but good for a jaunt around the neighborhood and getting to the polls. I was impressed with the number of folks actually voting in person. Participation is important.

Getting things done before Booms arrive on Thursday, just like others are doing. Two down and one ready to go under the quilting needle this afternoon. Straight line channel stitching because it is FAST. Two should be out the door this weekend. One is waiting for the baby to be born so I can add the name to the label. Then swoosh, that one out the door too. Time to fill the bobbins and get stitching!
Attached Thumbnails 2024-02-25-checkerboard-chain-42x42-bailey-baby.jpg   2024-2-18-butterfly.jpg  
Old 02-27-2024, 12:01 PM

Good afternoon, all. Hope you are enjoying your day. It's dreary, wet and windy here. Did go to donate blood today but it was a bust. Couldn't get blood from either arm so I went home to try again another day. Disappointing that my veins kept shifting around and they couldn't get it. Oh, well.

Cheesehead, amazing quilt! I cannot even begin to imagine how it is pieced. Beautiful.

WMUTeach, you've had a busy day, Good for you getting out to vote. If only everyone participated. Great job quilting your tops. I still have CC that I plan to diagonally quilt similar to yours.

SBG, happy your computer is working. What a relief. Getting a new computer is exciting but the learning curve can be a little tough. I don't like things to change much.

Thanks, all, for the nice comments about my blocks. I have another few queued up, ready for me to start cutting. I cannot wait until you all get your fabrics and start posting your progress.

Reminder that those of us in two groups will have multiples of the same fabric. Even those of you sending one set of f8s will have a second fabric from one swapper. Also, be sure to count your F8s in each group. I know you have 19 in each baggie but you need to be sure of that before you start. So many times I've had someone email me to say they didn't get the right number of f8s, only to discover them under a table or stuck to one another or even behind a piece of furniture they opened the packages on. Please confirm for yourself that you've got all you should have and then get started!

Have a nice rest of your day. I hope it's sunny where you are!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-27-2024 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilts, WMUT!

Cheese, LOVE the Escher quilt! I have a pattern for it that uses half-hexagons to make the shapes. I won't lie... it intimidates me, but I will get to it one of these days. I'm not afraid of Y seams, and I have plenty of batiks.

Janice, can't wait to get started on my blocks! I'm hoping my package will come tomorrow. In the mean time I have some 3-yard tops (fast and easy) to finish putting together. The pattern is called Town Square, from Fabric Cafe. Also have my new clue from my guild's mystery quilt to complete.

Weather is AMAZING today! I've already been outside some, and hope to spend some more time out before dark today. Why can't every day be like this?
Old 02-27-2024, 05:23 PM

The Escher quilt has no Y seams, I wouldn't have made it if it did! The beginning piece is sewn to the black triangle with an incomplete seam. Additional pieces are sewn to that triangle log cabin style until complete, and then the final seam is to connect the incomplete seam. It actually looks harder than what it is.

Cheese
Old 02-27-2024, 05:49 PM

Thank goodness it’s easier than it looks but that takes nothing away from you and your skill! Love it!
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
The Escher quilt has no Y seams, I wouldn't have made it if it did! The beginning piece is sewn to the black triangle with an incomplete seam. Additional pieces are sewn to that triangle log cabin style until complete, and then the final seam is to connect the incomplete seam. It actually looks harder than what it is.

Cheese
Old 02-28-2024, 06:12 AM

Beautiful quilts WMUT

Cheesehead gorgeous quilt, it’s way beyond my capabilities.

We went to South Padre Island for a couple days, it was beautiful but the wind was mighty and the flying sand was nasty. Next year our goal is to go earlier in the year when it’s warmer and less windy.

Sewbiz glad you have a reprieve on your computer.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:41 AM

Terriamn, Heard on the news last night that there are tremendous fires raging in Texas. I think they are way north of where you live. I hope anyway.