Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on Quiltcam >

Opinions on Quiltcam

Opinions on Quiltcam

Old 10-10-2015, 06:43 PM

All this is great advice. You might find it helpful to take some long arm classes (especially once you are past the "how do I even load this quilt" stage and have done some serious doodling on your practice sheets)at a large show--being as how you are in KS you may try either the big Denver show, Des Moines AQS or the IMQS show next spring in Cedar Rapids. Also, ask around to see if there's a long arm guild in your area--if you are in KC area, PM me and I'll let you know of one in that area. Everyone is so very supportive and full of ideas and trouble shooting tips. YouTube has some great videos and there are a couple of good long arm magazines--Machine Quilter Unlimited and the IMQS mag which have good tips on helping you learn how to design your quilt top and also how to "travel" from area to area on your quilt, are 2. And has been previously mentioned, don't get discouraged! the more you practice on the machine and doodling on paper, the better you will get.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:27 AM

I think Dunster is giving some very valuable advice. Check out Lori Kennedy's blog - she shows step-by-step how to perform the designs. These are for a DSM, but work just as well on a sit-down mid-arm. I've learned a lot from her. She also does a class on Craftsy. http://theinboxjaunt.com/2015/10/12/...ng-coffee-and/