Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 10/3-10/6 >

Virtual quilting weekend 10/3-10/6

Virtual quilting weekend 10/3-10/6

Old 10-04-2019, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I have three big quilts (queen size) to quilt. I had the cotton battings soaking in hot water all night and now are in the dryer for a few minutes. Then I will spread them out somewhere to finish drying. Hope that did the trick to get them pre-shrunk.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:36 AM

I’m in too. I need to bind 4 quilts, and putting my scraps from day and night quilt together.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:51 AM

Yea! I am soooo in need of a quilting weekend. Since the last one, my LA has been into the shop and back out (simple repair - a set screw fell out!) and I traded in my 2 year old emboidery machine for a new one (Solarias) and I bought some new embroidery design software - so lots and lots to learn!

And because the new Solarias was bigger than the Destiny, I had to rearrange my sewing room so it would fit. And with all that, I've only done a small bit of sewing of any sort for three weeks.

Not sure what I'll work on, though in cleaning I found a project I'd started a year ago that looked interesting again. It's always nice when that happens.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:52 AM

I would also like to join in the VQW this weekend. My SIL asked me to make quilts for two of her granddaughters, both starting with panels. I've received one of the panels and need to plan out the quilt top. If all goes to plan, I should even be able to start sewing it together this weekend. I hope the planning process is eligible to be in the VQW. Looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone's projects.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:38 AM

Hi everyone (waving at you all)! I have a veteran's quilt to sandwich and quilt and I'm cutting a bajillion triangles for a Bonnie Hunter quilt that I will take to retreat next weekend.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Let's see...I could work on my purse, or a string quilt I'm picking away at or I have just bought fabric for a NY Beauty, I could start...decisions, decisions.
Knowing me lately, I likely won't do hardly any of it!

Watson
Old 10-04-2019, 09:43 AM

Those darn squares! Somehow I miss-counted and I'm 16 squares short of what I need. That's easy enough to remedy and the day is young even though I've been up since before the crack of dawn.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:53 AM

Well, so far, I've gotten a couple more sets of concentric circles quilted on the UFO and I have packaged up a quilt that needs to be sent out to PQIF. Decided to take Bubba for a walk and now I might go take a short nap before working on the last set of concentric circles. The quilt will need some more quilting once the last of the circles are done, but since I'm going to FMQ that part without rulers it should go more quickly that the initial quilting.

Rob
Old 10-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tish05 View Post
I would also like to join in the VQW this weekend. My SIL asked me to make quilts for two of her granddaughters, both starting with panels. I've received one of the panels and need to plan out the quilt top. If all goes to plan, I should even be able to start sewing it together this weekend. I hope the planning process is eligible to be in the VQW. Looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone's projects.
Sure! Planning is part of the process... Glad to have you on board!

I've got my cotton battings drying now, and I'm working on some borders for my Allietare. I had it in the queue to be quilted also, but as I laid it out I decided to try and sell it unfinished, instead. I just don't love it all that much and don't want to play with it anymore.

Got two small donation Christmas quilts to quilt while I'm waiting for the cotton battings to dry. There's plenty to do!
Old 10-04-2019, 10:58 AM

I hope to work on some rag quilts for my grandchildren. My friend and I have been cutting up denim jeans and I have washed all of the flannel so hopefully I can work on those blocks. My husband has all week end off so not sure if I can have time to sew or not. He likes to go do something out of the house cause he doesn't ever get a 2 day weekend off work. Good luck to everyone and love to lurk and see pics