Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 AM

what part of "upstate N.Y.? I'm just south of Poughkeepsie, (Hopewell Jct/Wappingers)wish we could get together sometime.... Diana O.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

XOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXO

Hugs and kisses are always good...in any order!
Please accept that your quilt is beautiful...just the way it is!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by sananddandy
Originally Posted by mimom
can you post a picture so we can see if its all that noticible, which if you didn't notice it when you were putting it together, its likely not that bad
First time trying to post picture. Hope it works.
I had to look at the picture for several minutes before I found what you were talking about and only because you said there was a mistake. Otherwise I wouldn't have been looking. It is definitely not a glaring mistake. I like it - as someone else said, double hugs, double kisses.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM

I am so sorry....
Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 AM

I'm told the Amish always make one "mistake", saying only Jesus was perfect.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:24 AM

I just want to thank everyone who responded to the problem and all their suggestions. I am in the process of creating a family quilt using 5 generations of grandmother's embroidered pillow cases and I took a picture of the layout. When I checked the pictures, I had two squares switched around from a lower row and higher row. I immediately fixed and thanked all of you that made that suggestion. Just love this Forum - you all are a wealth of information.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM

You did an excellent job on
your quilt. Turned out nice
for a signature quilt.
Hugs, Sharon
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 PM

that is called a "Gods Eye" because no one is perfect but Him.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by sananddandy
I've been working on a signature quilt (240 sigs) for months. Had it on the design wall which is smaller than the total quilt. Assembled it, took it to the long arm quilter, attached binding, hand sewed binding on the back - hung it on the clothesline to take a picture and . . . .
You guessed it - a GLARING mistake. I put 2 of the rows together reversed. All the time I was working on it assembled I was looking at it flat, never saw the error. A gift to be given the 18th, no way to fix it before then. Had to vent, no one else around here understands!!
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! I made two quilts that were identical as gifts to surprise my two best friends from high school when we got together for a 32 yr reunion. I did the same thing on one of the quilts where I put the top and bottom rows on backwards, which totally screwed up the diagonal pattern to the quilt. I didn't notice it until she opened it. I was horrified! That durned quilt laid on my floor for two weeks and I didn't notice the mistake until she opened the quilt. Then it stood out like a sore thumb. She made me promise not to tear it out. But it hadn't been quilted yet. As soon as I got it back home I started my rippies and it took me a week to rip it out and fix it, but I just had to. Luckily, because it hadn't been quilted yet I could fix it so I feel your pain that you worked so hard and now can't fix it. I'm a perfectionist, and it would drive me insane to be in your situation. I do sympathize with your sadness over the mistake, but, what's done is done and you have to move on. I have screwed up more than one quilt in my day. Some I could fix, others I couldn't. But they're made with love and that's all that matters.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:36 PM

Soo sooo sorry