Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt >

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

Old 11-20-2014, 05:25 PM

Thanks Sunrise for posting .... I was unsure of some of my choices but they go right along with yours .... not the same fabrics but similar range of colors.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:48 PM

So glad to can post pics now sunrise! Your fabric's look great to me, love them.
Was it ever decided what the next one would be for sure? Have a little time here and there and would like to get started on them if I could. Going to be a big difference with being gone for 3 weeks in January. Have to be in catch up mode.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:13 PM

Jaba! Do you ever have to catch up?! I thought you were always early!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:09 AM

Sunrise, those look great. Jaba do you sleep, eat, clean, etc. You get too much done. Must be that cold weather? LOL.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:46 AM

You two are so funny I am usually early, that's why it's driving me nuts, I won't get to sew for 3 weeks...And yes I do sleep, my rear-end says I eat, always have that blasted laundry...cleaning not too much, doctor's orders, vacuum is a big no no, so the cleaning lady comes like clock work every Wednesday. Now you know why I have time to sew.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM

Thanks everyone for your comments. I just couldn't remember the lights and darks but I do now. Sometimes I need a little poke in the memory department.
Jaba, I don't know how you do it! You amaze me with the amount you get done.
I spent most of yesterday cleaning my downstairs sewing room and storage room. I still have one long table to clean off and then I can start sewing again. I started getting my UFOs together just to see what I have to finish for next year. Next year is going to be a "no buy" year unless I just have to get something to go in a swap.
By the way, JoAnn's is having a fantastic sale next week and I'm not going into "no buy mode" until next year.Hmmmmm
Old 11-21-2014, 07:34 AM

Default This little pig came home

The piggies are done. I really like the final version. I'm sure it would be adorable quilted too but since I don't do my own quilting this worked fine it makes for a puffy cuddly quilt. Quilt addict I really liked the shopping bag idea but since I really wanted her coming into the group that wouldn't work but it did inspire the name. . . All it needs is a label. Now I can focus on this swap at least until another shiny object attracts my attention. Hahaha
Attached Thumbnails 20141121_071852_resized.jpg   20141121_070908_resized.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
So glad to can post pics now sunrise! Your fabric's look great to me, love them.
Was it ever decided what the next one would be for sure? Have a little time here and there and would like to get started on them if I could. Going to be a big difference with being gone for 3 weeks in January. Have to be in catch up mode.
I think we should go with the Bento Box in red and white like the one picture here.

(OK, ulterior motive on the colors. It would put a large dent in the red white quilt that's in my head right now.).
Old 11-21-2014, 09:15 AM

Billi, Love, love, love the piggy quilt. BUT, for just a second or two, I thought some of the pigs were, um, boy pigs due to the ties! I definitely did a double (triple) take on them!

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
The piggies are done. I really like the final version. I'm sure it would be adorable quilted too but since I don't do my own quilting this worked fine it makes for a puffy cuddly quilt. Quilt addict I really liked the shopping bag idea but since I really wanted her coming into the group that wouldn't work but it did inspire the name. . . All it needs is a label. Now I can focus on this swap at least until another shiny object attracts my attention. Hahaha
Old 11-21-2014, 10:09 AM

All florals are fine - lighter & darker - - - fine. It will make for a wonderful mixture. Everyone is doing a great job. Yeah!!!

Re: Bento Box - originally, I was thinking scrappy reds/pinks/whites for Valentines even though the blocks wouldn't be due til the end of February. What does everyone think?

scrappy Reds/whites or

scrappy reds/pinks/whites??

Let me know!

Jane