Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt >

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 AM

ArizonaKAT, Billi, congrats on the finishes! I love your border treatments. They both look great. I put mine aside to work on the Giant Scrappy Swoon. Just love the quick, easy feel of sewing together the Swoon. I still want to use a second top for the back of the Floribunda, like Jaba did. I'm considering making it a Scrappy Swoon... It's going to be some time before my Floribunda is finished...
Old 06-28-2015, 10:15 AM

I finally got this all pieced in the last couple of days. (Sorry, the pic isn't great. Light from our skylight is reflecting through the piece. And those are DH's feet and hands and my pup photo-bombing.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523740[/ATTACH] I changed my mind repeatedly about placement. I finally threw caution to the wind and pretty much grabbed one and pieced it to the next and then to the next, almost with no concern for which went where. Although it is less than ideal placement, IT IS DONE! And I used those I originally thought were too light. Some of the blocks varied greatly in size but as much of it will quilt out, I'm good with that. In fact, I'm very pleased. I've got no time or patience right now to attempt to quilt it myself, so I'm going to take it to a LA this week and have them meander it fairly heavily since I plan to use this one and want it to hold together for a long while. And I don't plan on putting a border on it. I like it just the way it is. The binding will probably be scraps of yellow but we'll see.

Thank you to each and every one who contributed to this quilt top. It was a great experience and a fun one to make. Thank you also to Jane for putting this all together for us. Great job!
Attached Thumbnails photo-5-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-28-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:27 AM

Nice job, Billi. Very pretty! I like your label as well. Congrats on a wonderful finish!
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Hi guys
I just wanted to show off my finished quilt and thank all of you swapping and sharing your talents with me. I'm not thrilled with the finished look of the binding they tell me practice makes perfect but when it comes to binding I'm not sure if I buy it. Also is a closeup of the backing and lable
Old 06-28-2015, 12:13 PM

I think it looks great Janice! and Billi's as well. Tell your hubby I said "nice toes"
Old 06-28-2015, 07:24 PM

Awesome Janice I love how different they all are. I know what you mean about placement of color I had quite the battle too.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Janice McC, I don't really notice much different in placement between your finished post and the previous one (other than 6 x 7 and 6 x 8). :-) They both look great-- glad you decided finally how to place the blocks and could finish it. I'm still working on the quilting of the Giant Scrappy Swoon. When it's finished I'll return to work on the Florabunda...
Old 06-30-2015, 01:52 PM

LOL! That may very well be. I'd messed around with the placement so many times that I may just left them in approx. the same order they'd been in and added some additional ones. Just started pulling them and putting them together in the order they were in the pile. I'm glad that's done but I cannot seem to get up to the LA'er. I hope to by the end of the week.
Originally Posted by givio View Post
Janice McC, I don't really notice much different in placement between your finished post and the previous one (other than 6 x 7 and 6 x 8). :-) They both look great-- glad you decided finally how to place the blocks and could finish it. I'm still working on the quilting of the Giant Scrappy Swoon. When it's finished I'll return to work on the Florabunda...
Old 06-30-2015, 03:20 PM

Bravo to Janice and Billi on your finishes! I'm so proud of both of you. Doesn't it feel great to mark this one off your to-do list???

Great job ladies - - - -