Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt >

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

Old 03-09-2015, 06:50 AM

Got my blocks sewn together. Will post pic tomorrow. Forgot the cord to my camera. Pondering a border now. Off to the wall of shame for a while.

KAT
Old 03-10-2015, 01:36 PM

They're lovely, Sunrise, I wondered who made them. Thank you!

I'm going to pull out a few of the light ones. There are probably 5, including 2 I made for myself, and do something else with them. I found I really like more contrast than less so I'm substituting some new blocks I've made. I'll use the lighter ones in some other project because I am sure this won't be my last JL top. Right now I'm at 6 x 8 blocks but am considering going even larger and using it for my Cal King bed. Since I'm still not bored with these blocks, I might go on making them forever! But this one will DEFINITELY go to the long-armer.

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Sorry I am answering so late after your post. My company just left yesterday and I am reading messages sent at least two weeks ago. That yellow background looks like mine. I used f8's that I have collected over the years. I recognize the fabric on the left but can't imagine why I would use such a light print on the right. If you would rather have a brighter block, let me know and I will sew you a new one.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:26 AM

Liked the layout of this quilt a gal at the retreat was working on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513823[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2015, 06:29 AM

I'm glad you like the blocks I sent Janice. I still wonder why I made the one so light!
I have a request to make for everyone. I have saved 21/2" charms for over a year and I have to use them or they will jump out of the space they are in and cover me up! I got these from swaps and from the Fat Quarter shop. I belong to the mini charm club and for the past 15 months and I have received a package of 4 each month. I have been using them for leaders and enders.
I need patterns! Can anyone help? Please?
Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM

Sunrise, check out Jane's new challenge...find it here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...g-t262524.html. Although it calls for 3 1/2 inch squares, I'm using my 2 1/2 inch squares.
Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I'm glad you like the blocks I sent Janice. I still wonder why I made the one so light!
I have a request to make for everyone. I have saved 21/2" charms for over a year and I have to use them or they will jump out of the space they are in and cover me up! I got these from swaps and from the Fat Quarter shop. I belong to the mini charm club and for the past 15 months and I have received a package of 4 each month. I have been using them for leaders and enders.
I need patterns! Can anyone help? Please?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 PM

Sunrise, if you follow the sites for the birthday candy swap, (2014, and2015). they post numerous ideas for patterns of quilts. Even quick swaps of candy swaps (last one was March madness), several members posted patterns and pictures. So many patterns, so little time right now. I hope this helps. I enjoy looking at the quilts they have made.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:36 PM

Still working, I cut out my extra blocks today and will start sewing them soon. One of my numerous projects for this month.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:39 AM

I'm still working on more blocks to make mine bigger too. Great job on yours Jaba! I haven't made a front/back type quilt yet. The two tops certainly work well together, as if you planned it that way from the start. I have so many tops in the works, combining some of them would mean less batting to buy. lol
Old 03-21-2015, 06:03 AM

Thanks for the sites for 2-1/2" square patterns. I am joining in on the Giant Swoon Quilt Along. By using the smaller squares it will finish smaller, maybe a wall hanging? I haven't found the other patterns yet so will keep trying.
I bought a small paper back book yesterday. The title is Great Granny Squared by Lori Holt. There is There is only 4 patterns but she gives instructions using the 2-1/2" charms. She starts with FQ's and goes from there. Her blog is "Bee in my Bonnet". I could have made this without the book but I have to see it not just read it.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:39 AM

Finally finished!

I pinned it on the wall of shame to take a picture. The red/white and yellow/black you can see behind the finished quilt are my next set of projects. They've been in the wall for a while.