Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed for sign-up.. “I-Spy a picnic, … Everything ‘edible’….. With a side of BUGS!!!!!!  “ - 10 1/2" layer cake Swap.. >

Closed for sign-up.. “I-Spy a picnic, … Everything ‘edible’….. With a side of BUGS!!!!!! “ - 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

Closed for sign-up.. “I-Spy a picnic, … Everything ‘edible’….. With a side of BUGS!!!!!! “ - 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..

Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by jtapp9
My only real thoughts on the landscapes being a twist is that isn't the twists just 1 square of several different designs? Meaning, if a person wanted to do a twist but don't have the fabrics they would probably buy fat quarters...or at least that is what I would do. Can you find fat quarters easily of such a particular topic? I don't usually do the twists yet so I am NOT speaking from experience...I'm just guessing and throwing out some thoughts.
IMHO It Would be cheaper buying half yard cuts.. or at least buy 12 inches to a 1/3 cut x WOF..
That makes sense and I'll keep it in mind :). Like I said, I haven't done any twists yet, but hopefully soon!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Here are the fabrics I received!!!

Food & Drinks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215665[/ATTACH]

Bugs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]215666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215659.jpe   attachment-215660.jpe  
Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 AM

Aren't they just awesome! I sent the red and checked with ants and yellow lady bugs!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 AM

Hi everyone! I have been in Ca. the past six weeks taking care of my mom who is 95. My brother is care giver for her and I try to relieve him a couple of times a year.
Anyway, I have had to miss the last two swaps and I have missed everyone and the chit chat about the swaps. I took my lap top but for one reason or another, couldn't get connected to the internet. I have spent most of my time since I got home trying to catch up with everything.
I am really sorry that I had to miss the CV swap. Civil war is one of my favorites and I can never get enough.
I think I will have to pass on July also. It is going to take me awhile to get everything in order here.
Plus I promised my niece a baby quilt in the next week and I just found out that our grandson and his wife are
expecting their first baby. So I want to get a quilt finished for them too.
Sorry to be so long winded. I will "see" y'all for the August swap!
Linda, I am so happy to hear that your grandmother is well. That must have been scary for you! Too bad that I was not at home at that time. I live off the K street exit in OFallon. It would have been great to meet for coffee!
Have a great day everyone!
Phyllis
Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by sunrise450
Hi everyone! I have been in Ca. the past six weeks taking care of my mom who is 95. My brother is care giver for her and I try to relieve him a couple of times a year.
Anyway, I have had to miss the last two swaps and I have missed everyone and the chit chat about the swaps. I took my lap top but for one reason or another, couldn't get connected to the internet. I have spent most of my time since I got home trying to catch up with everything.
I am really sorry that I had to miss the CV swap. Civil war is one of my favorites and I can never get enough.
I think I will have to pass on July also. It is going to take me awhile to get everything in order here.
Plus I promised my niece a baby quilt in the next week and I just found out that our grandson and his wife are
expecting their first baby. So I want to get a quilt finished for them too.
Sorry to be so long winded. I will "see" y'all for the August swap!
Linda, I am so happy to hear that your grandmother is well. That must have been scary for you! Too bad that I was not at home at that time. I live off the K street exit in OFallon. It would have been great to meet for coffee!
Have a great day everyone!
Phyllis
Welcome back!!! yes get your things in order and we will be here when your ready.. Post a pic of the quilt when your finished.. Let us ooooh and ahhhhh over it... I love to see what everyone makes..

Im still in the process of swapping the CW.. Such wonderful fabrics everyone chose.. I post pics in the next few days..