Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st >

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

Old 04-12-2014, 05:48 AM

Craft Cupboard is a store that eats time! They have so much to look at that it takes me forever. I like Mara's too, but the Bernina store doesn't have as much fabric that I like. All I've done so far is Polka Dot Pincushion. There will be more shop hops this year Karen!

I am so glad I don't get those migraines so much anymore! When I quit working 60 hours a week I also quit getting so many headaches, I think it might have been connected LOL. I do still get one every now and again, usually when I am really stressed for some reason.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Boy, did I miss a lot with that headache. Stilettos, trussing, pins, needlecases and what else!?!?!
Nice cases and funky lady hairdo!!! In my previous post, I was trying to think of what the heck you do to a turkey.
Thank you Mary for reminding me it's 'trussing' . Oh my gosh, my brain dripped out of my ears yesterday, couldn't think of a simple world! Lauriejo, love the wild hair, Eyes, that case is adorable, just the right size too.
I'm glad my partner got her pincushion. As we stated last month, Not everyone gets it in their house on that day, with smaller areas having smaller P.O.'s. Got my larimar ring today. The one I ordered didn't gover my fat knuckle. returned it, got a sq. one in a size 11. that one fits. The overall size is large, but I don't have small hands either. what a bummer. all this sewing has caused Atrhur-itis in my fingers. A true sign of an artist or crafter.Enough already.

it's in the high 60's and glorious out. It's finally spring. Zoey is playing typical kitty in the window. she's probably planning on going out tonight when we go out. She's in that front window grooming, it can only mean one thing...she's going out with patches tonight onrthat darn motorcycle. I hope he takes her someplace other than the Dump. She's a good kitty and deserves better than that. Maybe she'll bring home leftovers in a foil bag. Just what I want....possum snout or rabbits ears!!!! gotta love them fur babies.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Eyes the pincushion you received is very pretty, with lots of goodies. You did great making it PeginCo.

It is sunny today and 78 at the moment. I think it will actually hit 80 soon. That is probably my favorite temperature if I could keep it at that all year.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 AM

After not such a great morning, I came home and this wonderful pincushion was waiting in my mailbox. I also got some spring fabric and some quilting thread. Thank you so much Eyes.

It's 68 here and was very hot in the car. I only got to do one LQS as I realized I only had $40 in my wallet and I would need more money for the weekend. I also didn't have my cell with me. I don't use the ATM so I had to find a bank along the way and on Saturday they close at 1. So I had to drive all the way home and got to the bank at 12:50. I did manage to find one yard sale in the Falls and I got fabric and beading books. It's going to be a long summer
Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 AM

I can't believe I forgot to post the pic. Duh
Attached Thumbnails april-swap-001.jpg  
Old 04-12-2014, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Craft Cupboard is a store that eats time! They have so much to look at that it takes me forever. I like Mara's too, but the Bernina store doesn't have as much fabric that I like. All I've done so far is Polka Dot Pincushion. There will be more shop hops this year Karen!

I am so glad I don't get those migraines so much anymore! When I quit working 60 hours a week I also quit getting so many headaches, I think it might have been connected LOL. I do still get one every now and again, usually when I am really stressed for some reason.
The PolkaDotPincushion used to be my favorite until I went to the Craft Cupboard. Today I only did Mara's and went by Bernina as I was hurrying to find my bank. There was one in Hudson near Perkins but it didn't have a sign and I had gone right by there. So I couldn't even get some groceries and leave her in the car. Karen I'm home now so you can call anytime.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:34 AM

First, eyes I'm so glad you liked the needle case! Yours is beautiful also! Fun to see all the pictures.

second, I SO want to get on the board and read all my swap goings-on but we've been put in a bit of a tail spin here. My sister and husband just got their first emergency foster care placement (2 kiddos under age 2) and it's a tad more than they were expecting so I'm trying to help out a lot there. Prayers are appreciated! Fostering is not an easy thing!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

nhnative that is a very cute spring pincushion. Pretty fabric too. Very nice Eyes.

Mine should be delivered Tuesday.

PeginCo. that is a big job, but a rewarding one in foster care. Two little ones will sure pull at the heart strings. I have fostered years ago.

Lynnie I am glad your feeling better today.

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 02:43 PM

The pincushion is very spring-like nhnative, and the fabric is purty. I only made it to the Bernina store today lol.

I bought the turkey needles to make stilettos (they were on sale after Thanksgiving) but didn't notice until I got home that the top is not a round hook. The end is just bent like a L so you can't really make a loop out of it. I don't know what I will end up doing with them.

My sister used to foster, that is a tough job. It would break her heart when they would send the kids back to their junkie mother.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

beautiful pincushion and goodies.
Just got home from the movies RIO2 was cute and the bird colors were great. went to dinner too. I have a great husband. He's a sweetheart.
It went up to the mid 60's today, and took a walk with friends around the condo road (It's a 1 3/4 mile loop). I don't know how I made it, but I just kept on pushing. then I had bread at dinner. then b4 the movie started, they had adds on the screen. one was for Twirls and Swirls, the yogurt place 2 doors down, mention the add and fill your cup as much as you want for 3.99. Now you all know me, a sweet tooth and a cheapo bargain hunter, so of course, I got money from larry and filled that cup with marshmallow, peanutbutter and chocolate yogurt, then topped it off with Reeses, Butterfinger, pbutter, godiva choc. sauce amd marshmallow and whipped cream. My belly hurts now. it was super yummy.
I need to g look for those turkey baster trussing things again too. Larry is going food shopping tomorrow, i'll have him look.

We just got in the door and Zoey ran for the door. so I guess she whent out on a date tonight too. she's and indoor type of girl, so she uses the portal under our bed to access the outside. I smelled rat on her breath with a tough of fish, so I guess she had an appetizer with her dinner. She was licking her lipss, so I guess she gave him a kiss goddnight too. I'll find out all the trash from her date later. if it's good, i'll tellyou all about it. have a great night everyone.