Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st >

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

Old 04-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
NH you mean a pucker in the cornea, the retina is in the back. I have a few puckers, due to a lot of surgeries, at least 10 in that eye, plus the right one too. I have permanent dry eye and it always looks like I was punched in the left eye.
Mary, your pc turned out really nice.
Susan, I grew up on a half acre, just a dog and a cat and lot of tress and weeding to do.
Klaws, love the needlecase with the pretty needles. that little chickenis too cute for words, and probably a real pain to make too. but he's cute, I love him!! love your dress form too, both came out so nicely and match too.
So many nice pc and nc coming in. what am I going to do when i'm out cruising the big blue ocean??? won't get any views of whats new. Hey, maybe i'll find something while i'm there, or find something to make a pc out of. now that's a challenge. it's cool mid 40's and sunny here today. everyone...enjoy the rest of the day, i'll ck in later to see what everybody got.
I had just read her email again and she said retina. I'll have to ask to make sure. She has to have the other one done but was waiting for this one to heal.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: language in quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Karen, very cute pin cush. and needlecase. Purple is my favorite color also. I have been really surprised at all the different p.c. and n.b.'s. there has hardly been any doubles. And when there has the different fabrics makes it look different. Today was a pretty day here. mostly sunny not to windy and almost 70*. Tomorrow is suppose to be low 70's and sunny. Perfect weather to me. I love these warm spring days.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

nh, HARD FOR THE RETINA TO GT MUSHED.
sorry about caps.
we went to Wendy's for dinner. then frozen yogurt. it cost me $16.
Larry 1/2 way thru his cup of brownies, fudge, chocolate yogurt and anything else choc. gave up and handed it to me to finish. what a lightwt!!!
Supposed to be warmer tomorrow, 4 daffodils are opening in front of my house. my tigerlillies are all about 4" high now. I reclaimed them from the woods a few yrs ago. I go in there and get what I wan/need and leave the rest. they're under my bedroom window. It's going to 31* tonight. hope nothing freezes outside.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie no one can send you a pm due to it is full.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Karen wow the needle book and pincushion are both so so pretty. They both did a wonderful job on them. Purple is so pretty. The card is very nice, and that little chicken is a real cutie. Peanut butter candy. Yum! Anything peanut butter is good. Those pins are pretty. So many pretty pins on this board. Everything all of you make just keeps getting prettier and prettier.

Happy and Blessed Easter!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:59 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472042[/ATTACH]Hi everyone!

Im sorry I've been neglecting the board for a few days. Life got busy. But I did get one pincushion!

Thats right -- I'm the one neglecting Peg! The pincushion is beautiful. I love that blue floral. It's not often you see red white and blue done in a way that doesn't scream patriotic, but you just did it quite well. I enjoyed the jelly beans too. Best of all I put all my pins in and none were falling out! It showed up right after my boyfriend found 20 pins on the living room floor so it is very welcome.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

pincushion is beautiful, and nice jellybeans.

***My box is now empty*******
Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM

The jelly beans are all gone too. I saved all the grape and cherry for the boyfriend and ate the rest
Old 04-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

grape and cherry, love them. I want the black ones and the red ones. they're the best.
Anymore photos coming in tonight???
Old 04-17-2014, 07:40 PM

Hooray! Cedar, I'm so glad you liked it! I was really taken by that blue floral, too. So what I was saying earlier about trying to make a teeny tiny one? I was going to send that, too, in the same colors...but it was so small I couldn't catch the points in the seam. Needless to say, it didn't make it. I'll keep trying to perfect it. Sorry I didn't wait for you to post the picture, but I am glad it was well received.

Love the purple needle case and pin cushion, too!