Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st >

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

Old 04-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Oh my I can't believe I wasn't on here at all yesterday! I love all the pictures, some beautiful goodies going around. How could anyone say no to that cute princess, she must have chocolate!!! Glad to hear you made it home Karen, and no 18 hour layovers hooray! Hope they eye surgey went well Scrapper. Is everyone packed and ready to go on the cruise with lynnie?

Still waiting to hear from a couple of people to make sure they have shipped, and waiting on one recipient to acknowledge delivery.
yep!!! I'm ready to go, just waiting for Lynnie to send my tickets. Lynnie the calf runs in the pasture with his mama. He is very active. Right from day one he got his feet and was gone. Really funny to watch. Mama doesn't think so though.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:47 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471933[/ATTACH]
Ok, just in case my swap mate doesn't post, I thought I'd let you all see my pin cushion (my apologies, swap pal, if I'm jumping the gun!) I thought the colors were so nice together. Came together very easily, which I always appreciate. And the pin is my first effort at decorative pins - I'm hooked!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Peg that pincushion is so pretty. Your pin is pretty too. I have wanted to try that pincushion, and just haven't yet. I love it. It's pretty for anytime of the year. Also the red,white, and blue is patriotic.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 PM

I know I was supposed to do pastels, but these were swap pal's favorite colors. Got that blue floral on clearance from Hobby Lobby - a good amount of it. It is wonderful!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 AM

Got my pincushion in the mail yesterday and got a pic of it before sending, but did not get to post. Hoping to post pic tonight. Have a great day all!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

Peg I also made one this week. It was a fun pattern. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. I love your colors. Your pin turned out great. They are addictive though. LOL. The pin cush I made( the big size) and it turned out to be about 4". seemed to small to me. So I made one by adding 1 1/2" to the pattern and I like it better. Seemed more usable size. Your blue fabric is so pretty.I always thought the white part was bias tape,till I made one. Maybe I'll post a picture of mine later. Have a good day ladies.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:14 AM

Mary, Please do post a picture. I love seeing what everyone makes. They are addictive! I went the other direction and tried to see if I could do a teeny tiny one to put on a key ring, something I saw on Pinterest. It didn't work so well - I was bummed. But too busy to try again. Maybe later.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:18 AM

Thanks Lynnie........the surgery "went".....first time for any type of procedure on my eyes.......I think the taping back of the eye lashes and stretching your eyelids back is more uncomfortable than the actual surgery LOL....it felt like they were trying to "pop out" my eyeball....going back today for post op check up....still trying to determine if I see any better with the cataract out........whats that about....hopefully the nighttime glowing and glare is gone...
Old 04-17-2014, 09:22 AM

Love this pincushion......is it just one cathedral star block? I'd like to try my hand at that....
Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471933[/ATTACH]
Ok, just in case my swap mate doesn't post, I thought I'd let you all see my pin cushion (my apologies, swap pal, if I'm jumping the gun!) I thought the colors were so nice together. Came together very easily, which I always appreciate. And the pin is my first effort at decorative pins - I'm hooked!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:24 AM

FARM? I'm envious of ya'll.......that's how/where I want to retire.........but only 2 or 3 acres.....just enuf to have a garden area and keep the neighbors at bay....living in the concrete jungles of Los Angeles for the last 34 years has absolutely convinced me I do not want to retire in the "CITY"

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Lynnie,yes I have a farm.65 acres. Also use of 45 acres that was my brother-in-laws. Pat, the fabric of the stripes of eggs and roosters is all one piece. Made the runner fast to put together. Oh my goodness I'm getting excited about Lynnie's cruise and I'm not even going and I'm afraid of the water.LOL.