Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st >

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

April 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ sign up closes April 1st

Old 04-12-2014, 05:57 PM

Eyes, the pincushion you sent nhnative is really nice. I love the colors!
Wow, Lynnie, I sure would have a stomach ache too if I ate all that yogurt and stuff! I had dinner at my brothers with steak, roasted potatoes and veggies. My SIL made our aunt's buttery blueberry cobbler for dessert with vanilla ice cream. That was my yummy for today. Looking forward to getting together with the girls tomorrow. We will be thinking about everyone.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Power Poster

Oh that cobbler sounds good. I love cobbler. I make a peach cobbler that is very buttery, and sooo good. I wish I had some now, but got to stay on my diet. I had some mini ice cream treats today.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:19 AM

lynnie you are too funny, can't wait to hear about Zoey's date! Neko's big thrill was the open window. He never gets to go outside, so smelling it through the screen is as good as it gets.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

OMG CObbler... I love it and haven't had it in years. I need a recipe for it. anyone willing to share one????

Zoey slept late this am. didn't even get up to ask for treats. Apparently after dinner, she went dancing, and her toes are tired. I need to do a pedicure for her today, so I will later. she keeps on threatening me with scratching the carpet, so I better do it. She wanted to sleep in b/c she's going out with Choda tonight. Choda's dad got him a helicopter for Haunnaka last year, but didn't get it insulated, so Zoey only goes out with him on nice nights. She said she's looking forward to taking a whirl around the condo and see what's new. I told her of the frozen yogurt last night and she's hoping to get her share of some. She want peanutbutter with worms. I told her they were gummie worms, but she didn't care, to her a worm is a worm. Silly kitty. anyway, she's getting her beauty sleep right now for later.

On the other hand, thngs are boring here, and I need some excitement. I guess i'll go do some potholders and work on Junes pincushion. gotta get a good idea for June.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie I make an easy old fashion cobbler, but I love it.

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
Mix that all together until smooth.
While doing that have a rectangle cake pan with 1 stick of butter/margarine melting in it.
After butter is melted then pour the batter evenly across the bottom of pan.
1 Large can of peaches or 2 small cans drain out the juice to use for something else.
Take them and spread out evenly across the batter.
Bake at 375 to 425 degrees (different oven heat differently) and after about 10 minutes check it with a fork to insert in the middle of the dough to see if your fork comes out clean. If not then check every 5 minutes to get an idea of how long it takes your oven to get it done. (I really need to find my exact time on it) lol...

It's good like it is and great with a big scoup of vanilla ice cream on it. Yum
If you want something low calorie this is not for you. lol... Because of all the sugar and butter.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 PM

I just had the best visit with Laurie and Karen. They got to see all my collections (and mess). So much to talk about. A really great time. Thanks you two
Old 04-13-2014, 01:49 PM

I had lots of fun with Pat and Karen, it's so nice to put faces to the names. (Pat's house was not a mess, just comfortable.) I discovered that Pat shares my garage sale/yard sale addiction, but she finds the better deals! Karen had my name in the pincushion swap so she brought it with her today. She made me a darling easter bunny. She included a few extras goodies also.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471505[/ATTACH]
His ears have wires in them so I can bend them in different shapes. I took a second picture so you could see his fuzzy little tail.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471506[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_3161.jpg   100_3162.jpg  
Old 04-13-2014, 02:04 PM

The bunny is so darn cute. Lots of goodies too. Fun visit and I don't think my house would be as bad if I didn't have so much stuff. You should have seen it when my X was living here. I probably had 2 million or more sports cards and all sports memorabilia. And the garage was FULL of wood. Now there is only a 1/4 left and if you know of anyone that needs wood, it's FREE.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:46 PM

What fun it was to spend time with women who have the same addictions. Although I think Pat is a little more addicted than I am. She has to most wonderful collections. It was fun looking at everything. I go back to Florida in a couple days but when I come back, I will be sure to get with these 2 great women again.

Susan, your peach cobbler sounds almost like my blueberry one. I will post the recipe sometime later if anyone would like it.

Lynnie, It sounds like you have a wild child on your hands...out catting around every night. What will the neighbors think???
Old 04-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

Oh, you girls sound like you had the most wonderful time together. That is nice to hear. The bunny pincushion is adorable. Very cute with all your other goodies, and the pretty pin.

nhnative if we lived closer we would pick up the wood. We are always using wood for something around here.

Karen yes post your recipe too.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 04-13-2014 at 02:54 PM.