Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-20-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by fayzer
Ok, I'm game. I always wonder what everyone looks like too. Whoa, that picture is huge! gotta work on it. Don't want to scare anyone away. LOL
Faye, isn't that you in the pool?
Yes and I look more like the dog than Louie does. Haha.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Swap Hosts

Ok, I'm game. I always wonder what everyone looks like too. Whoa, that picture is huge! gotta work on it. Don't want to scare anyone away. LOL
Faye, isn't that you in the pool?
Yes and I look more like the dog than Louie does. Haha.
BAH! You look like a beautiful, happy, joy-filled woman ~ one who I wish was my neighbor. :P The pup is cute, too.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:25 AM

Now some comments about things posted.
I read The Outer Banks a couple of summers ago, I thought is was a very interesting story hope you enjoy it.

Once I was trying to decide on colors for a wall hanging, I drew out the blocks on graph paper but put tracing paper over it to try out colors. I could try different color schemes without having to redraw the blocks.

Whoever got the cotton yarn -don't you love the cotton dish/or wash cloths? I made a few to give away before I decided I should make some for myself.

I have wanted to check out a local guild but kept missing the day. I realize they should be meeting tonight so maybe I can get there and see what the one here is like.

Almost forgot -teacup pincushion is darling!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Swap Hosts

Faye, I think that they may have been a little distracted since it was their first meeting of the season. I realized that friends were probably catching up with each other and those at the tables were probably trying to sort things out, so it didn't bother me too much. Having read several threads about cliquish guilds, as I made my way around the room I gave an in-your-face "HI! I"M NEW!" with a big smile. I will make friends there whether they like it or not. :mrgreen:
Old 09-20-2011, 06:32 AM

OK. Here are the two New York Beauty blocks I made in class. And L :thumbup: :thumbup: K!!! The seams match up! Wheeee!
Nice Krystyna!

:thumbup:
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 AM

I got my package in the mail yesterday from NauDeeGal. She Sent me about 20 things of fabric. 2 boxes of tea, A Fons and Porter Chalk and refill Pencil, a magazine about sewing, 6 patterns, 2 cinnamons spices,and a holder to put needles you want to dispose.

Thank you so much!

I'd post a picture, but suddenly my camera stopped working. I will see if I can get it to start working again and post one later.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 AM

That is really pretty!

OK. Here are the two New York Beauty blocks I made in class. And L :thumbup: :thumbup: K!!! The seams match up! Wheeee!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804
Nice Krystyna!

:thumbup:
Thanks! My husband was so sweet. He picked me up from the class and let me show him my blocks about 75 times on the way home ... and another several hundred times after that!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Juli
I got my package in the mail yesterday from NauDeeGal. She Sent me about 20 things of fabric. 2 boxes of tea, A Fons and Porter Chalk and refill Pencil, a magazine about sewing, 6 patterns, 2 cinnamons spices,and a holder to put needles you want to dispose.

Thank you so much!

I'd post a picture, but suddenly my camera stopped working. I will see if I can get it to start working again and post one later.
Sounds like a great package! Enjoy!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by starshine
I just want to make a couple of comments regarding some earlier posts
1-Lori I think you do a great job of hosting this swap!!!!
a new swapper commented
[Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for a while because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.]

some pages later a comment was made
[and it is also disappointing when you put a lot of thought into your partner's package and get one that is extremely skimpy or full of stuff that indicates your partner clearly didn't read anything you wrote and just slapped something together.]

I think the opinon expressed in the second comment is exactly what the newbie was concerned about. If someone kept to the swap rule and did not spend more than $10 they should not be criticized for it, even if the receiver thinks their package is skimpy in comparison. And if they didn't include what one specifically asked for they shouldn't be critized either. For any reason from they couldn't find items mentioned-which to my understanding are to give the sender some ideas but not requirements-, to maybe they couldn't spend as much time shopping as others, or any number of other reasons; accept that they sent what they could. Yes some are more creative in finding things to include that they can do without going over the budget, and some are not. Some have more time to make hand made items and some do not.

The second thing--if you want to go sit on the bench 4 or 5 days before the shipping deadline, go ahead but please don't complain about not getting your package yet, just have fun being the first to get to the bench.

So if some of those participating don't like it the way it is set up then maybe you should start a different swap that has a 5 day mailing turn around and no budget amount, maybe you want a guideline that your package has to be bigger than the one sent before.

Some comments made maybe weren't meant like it seemed, or maybe they were; but that's the thing about written comments there is no tone or inflection to tell, and sometimes even that doesn't help.
HEAR HEAR!!!!