Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joining a quilt guild? >

Joining a quilt guild?

Joining a quilt guild?

Old 01-04-2017, 04:52 PM

I have been a member of my local guild off and on. I was in a bee a long time ago...but I was busy and it was a day time group. I rejoined and started going to a different bee. The ladies were nice...and I enjoyed them, but I kept forgetting to go! Seems I don't like evening meetings. I have a couple non guild groups that fit me for right now. I guess I am a solitary quilter mostly. Funny I didn't think of myself that way! Find what fits you...
Old 01-04-2017, 05:09 PM
mac

I think you have pretty much heard it all by now. I belonged to the same guild for almost 25 years and loved it. My guild was pretty large and there was lots to do. Our group also had some mini groups and I went to one of those for 22 years. I enjoyed all of the resources available in our quilt group (speakers, quilting retreats, books, and friends, etc.). The only reason I stopped going was I no longer enjoyed driving the 15 miles to the meetings at night. My loss. Now I go to a Senior Center in the daytime to quilt with other quilters.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Most guilds will let you visit up to three meetings. Go and introduce your self and be sure to get a name tag. Also if you have some quilting you have finished, bring it with you. Most guilds have a show and tell or sew and tell. If you like the guild, their programs and people join, if not see is there is any sewing groups or bees that in the area. Just get active with the group and you will be surprised. I have belonged to three guilds in Missour and really missed meeting fellow quilters, so six months I joined the guild here in Texas. I have really enjoyed the guild here and have met some great fellow quilters. Good luck and give it a chance. Happy New Years.