Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) >

Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09)

Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Lori did such a pretty job on those snowmen! I think snow sounds wonderful!

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q_ISANhSeT...0/S5000686.jpg[/img]

2doods I've added my row, so your top is now halfway to being done. I hope you like what I came up with. It's all embroidery and applique. On the sides are little towns with north pole this way signs, and then in the center is Santa's village complete with Mrs. Claus. This was the first time I'd used Sew Teri-fic embroidery and I just love how it turned out. It's certainly a prettier in person row. :D

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_q_ISANhSeT...0/S5000685.jpg[/img]

The theme for this row is Christmas with Santa, so don't worry he's there too, on his sleigh just taking off to make deliveries.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:42 PM

This is really darling! You did a great job!

MJ
Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 PM

Thanks your praise is special since you've worked with it just before me, so you know the colors. This is one beautiful top ladies. :D
Old 03-11-2009, 05:18 PM

Elizabeth! Fabulous!!! And now Santa has a place to live :lol:
Do I have to confess? I just put my Santa collection away 2 weeks ago! Hey! It's in the closet before March this year! I may need to go live in that Santa Claus town where the town folk keep Santa things out all year.....I forget which state it is in. Anyone know? Someplace snowey, I'm sure :lol:

Thanks for the peek! :lol: LOVE IT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just figured out the one I have is 14 inch blocks....I'm searching for patterns-My patterns are all 12 inch. So pretty though-hope I can find something worthy.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 PM

I think it's Santa Claus Indianna...at least that's the state that comes to mind when I hear that as a town.

My row is still refusing to talk to me! I have no idea what I'm going to add to it, also, I have absolutely no idea what to add to the most wonderful rows coming my way! *panics*

Some beautiful work going on here! Can't wait to see what's next!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:22 AM

YIPPIE! WHAOHOOO! You like it! I saw how the photo came out, and I thought oh no! What if 2doods doesn't like it at all!

mrsj perhaps purplemem's row needs more stars? I found a Christmas tree pattern that goes together log cabin style easy peasy, I nearly used it on the row before you, but changed my mind and ended up going with the snowflakes. Let me know if you'd like the pattern (it was a free one off of quilter's cache, I just don't remeber where it is off the top of my head).

All US mail addressed to the "North Pole" goes North Pole, Alaska zip code 99705.

Canada deals with it in country as well.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 AM

There's not much in the town of North Pole, Alaska but the Xmas decorations fill a HUGE shop. And there's a very large statue of Santa outside.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM

So are anyone else's rows refusing to talk to them? Mine has been sitting here for two weeks shaking it's head at me and not talking! I haven't the slightest clue what I'm going to do with it...

I cannot believe this has gone so fast! Here we are on the 3rd row!!! *shakes head*

:roll:
Old 03-17-2009, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
So are anyone else's rows refusing to talk to them? Mine has been sitting here for two weeks shaking it's head at me and not talking! I haven't the slightest clue what I'm going to do with it...

I cannot believe this has gone so fast! Here we are on the 3rd row!!! *shakes head*

:roll:
My row may be mute because so far not even a whisper.

Margie
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 PM

My row is very stubborn! It just sits on the wall, watching my every move. :shock: Does it talk to me?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO, just watches me... :twisted:

EEK! Next week is deadline! Talk to me... :!: