Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made? >

What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made?

What's the Most Unusual Item You've Ever Made?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:52 AM

Very cool. I have wondered recently if any bright quilters like yourself have ever made scrub hats for a loved one. There might even be a market for them.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:58 AM

They cover your hair and there is no way to sterilize that.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 AM

My sister-in-law had ALS. She missed having a tub bath, so we found an inflatable tub that could be put on her hospital bed(at home)We had to use a Hoyer lift to get her in and out of it. However, the water cooled so quickly and she would get cold. so I had a "thingy"lol that went around her and covered both her and the tub. It kept her from getting chilled and helped to keep the water from cooling as fast.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I probably better not post the exact details, but I've made a few adult-themed gag gifts in the past! ops: :lol:
FINALLY...I knew I would be good company sooner or later if I just kept reading this thread..hehehe
my all time is the apron with a towel on the front and when you lift the towel to wipe your hands..well...it appears you are NUDE under there..what a hoot those were to make...
Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne View Post
A gun case for my DSs deer hunting gun. Made it from a leg from some blue jeans!
ME TOO! I used a quilted water resistant camouflage fabric. Hardest part was getting the straps placed so the gun was balanced equally for carrying. Zipper part wasn't as bad as I thought.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 AM

Chef's had for my brother.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:23 AM

Amongst our camping group are good hourmored individuals who chide some of the single men about loving the sheep on the nearby hillside. One gent in particular was easy to fun around with, and even talked about his "favorite sheep'" When time came for a big event, without pre-planning, the sheep theme had blossomed, and the event was called "The year of the sheep." For the DooDah parade, I made a sheep costume for myself, decorated a wagon with turf and flowers, a Little Boy Blue costume for my husband, (who pulled the wagon,) For our guest from Germany, a shepherd costume in his countries colors making him a German Shepherd, and a Bo Peep outfit. Using a grapevine reindeer, I covered it with an automotive seat cover of simulated sheep skin, and made a sheep "tent guard." The next year I was asked to make a back half of a sheep for a wall trophy. That was the really unusual one, because it was anatomically correct. It was mounted in the campground office so the back legs rested on the floor.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Drawstring bags to hold the hook ends of bungie cord strapping that ride on the back of the cab of a big rig. The bags keep the hooks from banging against the back of the cab.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM

My DH was an ambulance director for a government agency and needed a repair on a foot traction device. I made a new cover for it (had to be really strong and suitable for tension). To my knowledge, they still use this 10 years later!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:36 AM

The most unusual item I sewed was a lined knit sport jacket for my DH back in the late 80s. It fit very well and looked good on him, except for the little vent at the bottom on back. For some reason it just wouldn't lay flat. He loved the jacket though but unfortunately "outgrew" it. I used to make my own clothes, all of DH's shirts, and of course the usual array of Halloween costumes for our two daughters. Both girls were involved in theater in high school and one year I made a Renaissance lady's costume, complete with tall pointy hat. Two years ago I helped one daughter and her friend make Dr. Honeydew and Beaker (Muppets characters) costumes for Halloween, and they won the costume contest at the party they attended.

One more thing, this was not me, but my BIL once bought a pop-up camper on which the canvas was rotted. My SIL replaced the all the canvas parts on the camper, which included using large metal snaps to hold everything in place.