Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Karen for the calling
Lori, no worries. you don't need to send anything along. some months we do, some we don't
i'm just glad i got a cute pincushion. you spent extra time making his 'fur'. so darn cute!
I'm glad you're here and hope to see you in the continuing months, Don't feel obligated to
add things. like other have said, sometimes you've got extras and sometimes not. Just
as long as i get my pincushion, that's all that matters to me. I hope you're signing up for the
next month.
Happy thursday all. check in with you all later.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Karen.

We are getting a down pour of rain. I hope it cools it off some. I hope to have a fun sewing day.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:19 AM

Yesterday I finally got my new water heater. It took him 3 1/2 hrs and even he said it shouldn't have taken that long but he needed a new metal pipe ? that hooks into my furnace as mine was cracked and carbon monoxide could have escaped from it. Also the building inspector wouldn't have ok'd it. It rained here this morning and then I had to do errands and let the dogs out before I could do yard sales. There wasn't much out there, even for my DGD. Tomorrow is another day. It was really humid and it looks like it's going to rain again. I'm really getting nothing done. I hope Laurie is OK. I just got an email from the lady that I make the fleece mittens for and she's had major surgery and rehab and is finally home but not up to doing anything with the mittens. I hope everyone is having a great day
Old 06-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

it rained here too, went out for Chinese dumpling and frozen yogurt. then to michaels to get cotton yarn. It was on sale from 2.49 for .99 so i got 3 different colors to make washcloths with. got my son some canvas for his paintings. and someone stole my 'Talk to the Paw" bumper sticker off my car. the nerve.And i got it in St. Thomas too. Sun is out now, will work on the hexes again tonight.
ck in later to see if we have any new pictures. all take care
Old 06-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Power Poster

I am so happy that my delivery to my special person who I sent a pincushion too is Delivered!!! lol... It just got stuck in one place so what I did (in case any of you have this happen) is the place where we can enter your tracking number, well I finally found one place that I could email to them, and let them know what was going on. It wasn't long that movement of the package was happening fast.

After heavy rain we had storms, but not bad ones. I plan to do some more sewing today, and looking around on Pinterest to get ideas for different things I am working on.

Pat glad you got your water heater in. It sounded like a lot involved.

Lynnie how do you make your wash cloths?

I can't wait for us to know if Laurie is ok. I will keep her in my prayers.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:11 PM

So far I have had a week from He-- .....Karen left on Monday ( or oldest daughter) Tuesday spent the Morning grocery shopping and afternoon in the Bank trying to straighten out two accounts ( John had opened one when I did not go with him one day ( he is 85 )... That took all afternoon... Wednesday spent all afternoon in our Financial Advisor's office trying to straighten something else out... Wednesday I had a meeting and had a great day... Came home from there and Gail and I sat and chatted. After she left went to fridge and guess what, it wasn't working.
It was 4:30 called a place I know is ok and they couldn't come till noon today... Guy across the street was going to church but he came over with coolers and took all my frozen stuff over to his freezer in the garage... He's working so still don't have it back... Had ice and by this morning it was working again... Have the fridge cleaned out and only lost the fresh veggies, lettuce, zucchini tomatoes, onions and stuff like that... I am whipped... Tomorrow I have a A/C man coming to check out the A/C and all that stuff... I plan on sewing... Locking myself in my Quilt room and no one allowed in...
Old 06-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Oh Sis, sounds awful.Hope you can get some sewing done,so you will relax and feel better.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:09 PM

Thanks Sis I will get some done no matter what.. Tune in tomorrow, for the next episode... LOL
Old 06-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

everybody, take a deep breath and try to relax, stress is not good for the body.

Susan, i crochet out of cotton yarn a sq. and edge it with a picot edge. jut a 10" sq. takes one skein of cotton. I always made them for Ryanwith nice soaps for christmas. The Knitting board has swaps going on now, and they make soap bags. like a washcloth but a bag to hold your soap. I like them, nice and soft.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

My sister had a heart attack during the night. Didn't find out until about 8 tonight. She has had others. Stent put in so she will be ok.

Me and hubby are doing all we can to de-stress. We went and got us some ice cream. Yummy!

Thank you Lynnie for your description on the wash cloths.

Ladybug I hope you get all that straightened out. I think closing yourself inside your sewing room is a good idea. lol...

We are going to have to start advertising-Hey, have you been feeling stressed out lately? Do you wish you could focus better? Do you need a mini vacation? Well then just join our pincushion/needle case board, and you will have support and feel much better. We also share chocolate. Either for real, in fabric, or thoughts.