Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-20-2014, 04:46 AM

Don't you just hate it when big things go wrong. Between the flood, my DS's water heater, my water heater, I just want to stay in the house but that's not an option. I'm leaving in 45 minutes for more yard sales today and one has said they have fabric. It's much cooler today but now it looks like rain.
Susan I hope your sister is ok.
I suppose I could go by Laurie's house but I don't want to be a busybody. I'll pm her and then decide
I hope everyone has a de-stress day today
Old 06-20-2014, 07:18 AM

I went to a yard sale this morning at 8:45. I was only out in the heat for 15 minutes and that's all I could take. I picked up a couple little craft items and spent $3.00. Then I went to a senior center who had a rummage sale. It was inside a building so it wasn't so bad. There wasn't a whole lot of people selling but I did buy one of those dish towels that are crocheted on the end that you can hang on your oven door. That was a whole $1.50. I'm back home now in the AC and plan on staying here the rest of the day. I sure hope Laurie is ok. I haven't heard anything back from the phone call I made yesterday. I'm really worried.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
My sister had a heart attack during the night. Didn't find out until about 8 tonight. She has had others. Stent put in so she will be ok.

Me and hubby are doing all we can to de-stress. We went and got us some ice cream. Yummy!

Thank you Lynnie for your description on the wash cloths.

Ladybug I hope you get all that straightened out. I think closing yourself inside your sewing room is a good idea. lol...

We are going to have to start advertising-Hey, have you been feeling stressed out lately? Do you wish you could focus better? Do you need a mini vacation? Well then just join our pincushion/needle case board, and you will have support and feel much better. We also share chocolate. Either for real, in fabric, or thoughts.
I totally agree and glad that you stated it so well.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 AM

Default June pin cushion exchange

I thought I posted a picture of my darling tomato pin cushion that I received from Junebillie but didn't see it so will do it again. The green tomato is special to me since Mom loved tomatoes. I get a kick out of the adorable worm that is attached he will keep me grounded in my sewing. Then she included the neatest goodies all the while filling this wonderful owl box. I collect thimbles so she also included a thimble for me. It is red so I won't forget her ever. I almost forgot the wonderful fat quarter of antique sewing machines! That will be something special for me.
Attached Thumbnails pin-cushion-swap-june-2014.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

susan, sorry to hear about your sister. You've got you hands full for sure. how's your dad doing.

pat, hope things in your house are doing better to. it's cooler here today too.

Karen let us know what you find out about laurie.

Roserips, nice pkg you got from susan, big green tomatoe and all your goodies. love that sewing fabric. can't find stuff like that here. only at quilt shows.

Cooler here today, inthe 70's. got all the windows open and getting a cool breeze. Zoey is i the kitchen window, waiting for Chowder to pick her up to get her pink cowboy boots for the dude ranch. I guess we're u for an adventure soon.
everyone take care.

come visit for a spell, bring a drink, your choice, and unwind, a warm shoulder is here for you.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 AM

Rose, what a great package you got from Susan. She was so worried that you wouldn't get it.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 AM

It was really nice today. 77 now with a 59 dewpoint. I've been out for 4 hours and got 10 Australian quilt magazines for $1, an ugly Christmas sweater that I'm going to felt for $1, 3 unopened packages of baby rickrack and 2 zippers for nothing. I was surprised she gave them to me as it was in a really nice allotment, and a bag of almost Perle cotton for $.25. Then I went to 5 Below to get my DGD another Beanie Boo and then 2 pair of flip flops for her vacation to Mrytle Beach. She's 9 and has been there twice. I never get to go anywhere. It looks like it's going to rain later. If no one hears from Laurie today do you think I should go to her house tomorrow?

What a cute tomato pincushion and lots of goodies. I love the fabric and the owl box. Great swap Susan.

Lynnie you are probably not all that far from me. I hope that Zoey has fun. Kitty is sprawled on the floor of the screened in porch. What a life.

Karen don't you just hate it when it gets so hot you can't do anything outside. That will be me in about a month. I usually don't even bother if it's that hot.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:21 AM

Pat, if we don't hear anything from Laurie by tomorrow, please go to her house and check on her. Tell her it was all of our ideas for you to go.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

roserips I am glad you like your package. I had fun making it. I am one of those that love green fried tomatoes so that is why I made this for her. The little worm I made by cutting in two one of those pony tail holders, but it was a fuzzy one, and different little shades of colors instead of a solid. I added tiny beads for little eyes. lol.. It was funny, because when I was sewing it a bit, it would move around just like a little worm. The beads on the pins I made were called berry beads. They are iridescent colors. One reminds me of a little blackberry. lol... I put in a little square fruit fabric coaster, so roserips has fruits, and vegetables. lol....Mostly I am just glad you got your package. roserips is a very sweet person.

I also agree to check on laurie, because we are all worried about her. She goes to some other places on the board too, and I don't think she has been to anything here.

My dad and sister will be ok. My precious father in law use to have a joke when someone in the family was sick, and he would say that there must be something in the water, and they just need some of that good Texas water. Well, I think my family has been drinking the wrong water, and maybe we all need to start down to Texas.

It's a hot one here today. Upper 90's and very humid. We need to go to the store to pick up a few things including some more doggie food, and I dread going out.

Everyone have a great evening, stay safe, and stay well.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:49 PM

OK I'll wait until tomorrow and then if no one has heard from her I'll go over there.