Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Ronda, so far i putting a fat 1/4 and a crocheted washcloth in her colors.
I couldn't incorporate this color into the mugrug so it goes there. Don'tou all
know what else I'll send. Any suggestions. Maybe a small sewing case,
something to travel with, ya know?!
I agree with you all, i love the chatter and joining in and hearing what everyone has to say.
I love making things, like all of you, and giving it to someone I know will love it to.
It's just so fun to make for someone else. Don't get me wrong, I love getting things too.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Vitality...love those delicious fabrics. so yummy looking!
guess what???? finished my mugrug!!!!! yeah!!!! it's done.
so it's now in the envelope with some goodies ready to ship. want to get
one or two more things, then it's ready to go home. Some place west of me.
Hey, I live on Long Island NY, everything is west of me!!!! but I'm done.!!!!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Vitality- those batiks look gorgeous! Folks are so chatty it's hard to keep up. I hope my partner sees my questionnaire answers under my blog post back toward the beginning of this thread or under my name. I didn't repeat them when I signed up by PM. If not- it really doesn't matter because I like anything homemade! Shop your stash- no need for buying anything. Love recycled quilty stuff. I've been cutting up cotton men's shirts for quilting a la Bonnie Hunter.
Hope to get sewing done this weekend. Trying to get moving on Christmas and need to make some stockings and
ornaments. Can't quite settle on a mug rug composition yet, but I've got the theme and fabrics to go along with it. I have to keep reminding myself not to embellish with beads and charms or the mug will fall over!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:41 PM

Kiffie, I gave her mom two thoughts, she liked the big quilting, so off to the store I went and started. Since I'm up at 3:30-4am I started on my MR. Oh I wish I could show it. I even did some embroidery on it. ( at least of the 1st one in my brain). I'm only going to work on this t-shirt quilt till about noon everyday, then on to my other projects.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Jacie, praying only good news comes your way. Did I say my partner lives way north of me. LOL. I have never visited her state, but would like to one day. I had said I was going to start after I finished this t-shirt quilt, but I think I got myself into something more than I can handle. The girl wanted it lofty so I put two layers of batting, how else would I get it lofty right. Well, have it all sandwiched and ready to put on my DSM, but it's now too big, too fat, and what a mess. So I just emailed her mom, and said we have 1 of 2 choices, either HQ with large stiches, or tie it very closely together. Showed her the two option. So for now, I'm waiting to hear. I have been going thru pics, books, etc of ideas of what to make for my SP. Oh, the thoughts running through my head. I have some perfect material for her, but they were not her color choices. So SP, you may get two. One for home and one for another reason. ( hint, hint). As far as whomever has yours truely, I will absolutely love whatever you come up with. I'm not a hard person to please.
For Brat, I thought for your next swap. Lets do one, where we make it to picture something where we live. Like I live in New Orleans, so I would make one that depicts my city. Thoughts? Okay, off to go look through my stash.
thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I will be so relieved when I get the call for the conference date for my testing. I try to be good, but my stress causes me to look for snacks and sweets, UGH, I am diabetic so have to bypass all the goodies.......... this is a fun swap, have you guessed anything to reveal your partner yet? me eoither......
Old 10-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Monroe---had the same problem, i wanted to add embellishments. It's so hard not to.
I'm hoping that my partner will get a bit chattier too.
come on speak up.

I love bright colors and kitties, if anyone is looking. also beachy stuff too.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:04 AM

Hello Mug Rug Ladies
A hint for my partner.....In her address is the word circle..is it you???
Old 10-17-2014, 01:23 PM

well pals, got the call today for conference date alll set up. The nurse did tell me that there are 2 arteries that are blocked badly, and the conference will be to discuss future plans on what has to be done. we always leave the last week of October for Florida, aha, this year we will be later in leaving. Hubby says that is NICE , we always miss my birthday of Nov. 5, this way all the families will be able to celebrate with us here in Michigan... ok, I am trying to keep busy, keeping my hands busy at least,. will go out to my sewing room and select fabrics for the MR.. and get my brain working. Thanks for the prayers , and please continue for me. jacie
Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Oh Jacie, At least you are being given the chance to address the issues in a non emergency sort of way. Still anxiety producing, but now you can come up with a good solid plan and you'll be right as rain soon!

Continuing to keep you in my thoughts! Deb
Old 10-17-2014, 02:35 PM

My hint for the day...my partner loves batik fabric!

Jan