Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-24-2011, 11:33 AM

only quilts and quilting should be discused here, everything else on chit chat....
Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM

I personally don't mind "other things" getting posted, but, maybe it would be a good idea to add more categories. Sorry you're disgruntled, I love this board and hope it NEVER goes away.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
You can go into "my profile" and set your selections. If you only pick "main" and "pictures" then that's all you'll get. Give that a try and you won't have to look at the things you're not interested in.
This is what I did, then I just go in and click on "Unread Topics". You can usually tell which topics are not quilting related. When you're done reading a specific post, don't use your back button. Click "Unread Topics" again at the top of the post. The item you just read will be gone from the list. The items you skip (like "Another Bow Tuck") will fall further down the list as new posts are made.
This is exactly what I do! I also have it filtered to show just the subjects I'm more likely to want to see but have to be careful about that too--once I filtered out the classified section and missed out on some good deals! I too am not interested in Bow Tucks (right now...) but who knows where my interest will lie in the future? I made quilted bags years ago and I may make them again but without the reminder that they exsist I may miss out on a new trend. I've also gotten some great recipes. Without the Vintage Machine section I would not be the proud owner of 6 new (old) machines that sew better than the new machines I currently own. Diversity--think DIVERSITY!

Oh, btw, there's a knitting site just like this one and the last time I looked it was just knitting and I got bored...
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM

Yes that would be an excellent idea add more categories. One for sewing machines, old or new purchases, problems, etc......more categories then we can chose exactly what we want to read about......
Old 06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

If you have or had time to read every single post, you must not have much of a life. No one is forcing you to read anything. I don't much care for the bowtucks myself, but from the number of posts, they are popular. So, don't read what you don't want. No one is holding a gun to your head.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:58 AM

I personally don't mind the variety we have here. I would like to see better titles so I can know if I'm interested in peeking in on the discussion.

One change I WOULD like to see thought would be for a filter like "recent posts", but that would bring up just the "new topics". If I'm interested in a thread I can always bookmark it. Many tines I just scroll down reading the new topic posts of which there are only a handful in the 5 or 6 pages I go through.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
I personally don't mind the variety we have here. I would like to see better titles so I can know if I'm interested in peeking in on the discussion.

One change I WOULD like to see thought would be for a filter like "recent posts", but that would bring up just the "new topics". If I'm interested in a thread I can always bookmark it. Many tines I just scroll down reading the new topic posts of which there are only a handful in the 5 or 6 pages I go through.
If you click on "Unread Topics" at the top of the page, these only show "new topics".
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM

I have been a member since 2007 and it has grown alot.
My big gripe is people who do not put enough info on the topic line so we can skip the ones we are not interested in.
That was a big problem for me when I only had dial up and it took forever to pull up a post.
Someone else also mentioned that problem some time ago but nobody paid any attention to it.
Please people state what the topic is about.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM

I am sure you will not be banned for even though the rules state:"Trashing, bashing, ranting, raving, venting, steaming, and other types of posts that focus on anger or other types of negativity are prohibited. They detract from the fun and do not reflect well on our community."I think our moderators are very lenient with the rules and we are forever grateful to them for allowing what they do. I cannot speak for everyone but I do enjoy the opportunity to hear all about quilting and whatever is related to it. Fabric, sewing machines, fabric for quilting, machines for quilting found at garage sales or estate sales are fun to read. It can be fun to be happy for others too. I think it is wonderful that this board is set up for different catagories but I think sometimes it is forgotten as to where a topic may go. I too have to be selective about what I read, some days, because of time but it is easy to pass over something of no interest as long as the headings define the topic. Nothing is perfect but this place for quilters is almost! Thanks to all who have a part in it.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

The problem is that people are posting all the off topics in the "main" section, when they clearly belong in chit-chat or whatever. I have to wait for the pages to load, as my computer is older and S-L-O-W, and it really ticks me off to open a teaser headline like "Is it Just Me..." or "Does Anyone Else..." Anyone else WHAT??? How about saying what your post is about in the headline so we don't waste our time if not interested?

I also don't appreciate opening something in Main and finding some stupid joke!

If we would be considerate to post in the right place, there would be a lot less grumping around here.