Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Bow Tucks definitely need to have their own category, so I can ignor it.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Life is like that. I miss gas at 23¢ a gallon, too. ;)
Boy don't we all! LOL :mrgreen:
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
The problem is that people are posting all the off topics in the "main" section, when they clearly belong in chit-chat or whatever. I have to wait for the pages to load, as my computer is older and S-L-O-W, and it really ticks me off to open a teaser headline like "Is it Just Me..." or "Does Anyone Else..." Anyone else WHAT??? How about saying what your post is about in the headline so we don't waste our time if not interested?

I also don't appreciate opening something in Main and finding some stupid joke!

If we would be considerate to post in the right place, there would be a lot less grumping around here.
So, you are blaming others for the slowness of your computer? Really?????
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
to open a teaser headline like "Is it Just Me..." or "Does Anyone Else..." Anyone else WHAT??? How about saying what your post is about in the headline so we don't waste our time if not interested?
I definitely agree with this part.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
only quilts and quilting should be discused here, everything else on chit chat....
There have been times, I've listed subjects in Chit chat and then they had been remove and moved to somewhere else same with pictures...So the titles can be confusing at times...But for me I think people should be able to talk about what ever they feel like....Yes it a quilting board, but most of it has something to do with sewing in some way or another, and I for one also like to see baby pictures and such...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by ghostrider
Life is like that. I miss gas at 23¢ a gallon, too. ;)
Boy don't we all! LOL :mrgreen:
LMAO! I don't remember .23 per gallon, but I remember .35!

Patrice, I personally think you OWE us that extra half hour to total a full 24 hours per day...you mods and admins don't need lives...you have US!! :lol: ;)

I look at it like SPAM emails...don't have a delete button here, but I have an "Ignore" buzz in my brain...if I don't think it's going to be something that I'm gonna be interested in, I don't click.

It's the nature of the beast. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Try telling me that my vintage machines are not quilting related, and I'll tell you to stuff it...I piece and quilt on them, they fasinate me, and I consider them to be "quilty". Bow tucks bags are QUILTED. Go to any quilt show and find out how many jackets and quilted items there are OTHER than quilts. Do they not belong there?

Guess my point is, if you don't think you're interested in the topic, don't click the link. If you can't figure out what the topic's about, don't click the link...that way you're not annoyed by something you're not interested in, even tho others will be interested and willing to discuss it.

~stepping down off my soapbox~ Ready to play nice now... ;)
Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Susanna10
I am very happy with the board. I just read the topics I am interested in and sometimes get surprised and learn a lot of new things.
Ditto, and we are all not perfect, and especially us newbies learning the ropes and not sure where to post things...I've had several things moved or even delelted....OH well! and I still here...LOL

Love the board the way it is...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I just read the unread topics that interest me. I don't have enough time to read everything. But I don't want others who do enjoy them to miss out :-D :-D I appreciate the fact this is a multipurpose (or as my gs would say...poopymulpis) board and that the members are so diverse.
Agree completely!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 PM

I simply read what I am interested in depending on the titles and how much energy I have that day. Personally I like the variety since this board is the only contact I have with people who quilt or people in general especially now that I had to leave GA. To me its sort of like the old quilting bees you read about or one of Jennifer Chiaverini's books. A little bit of everything since that's what most of us are. Multidimensional.
I am not really interested in babies except the 4 legged kind But others are proud of their children, GC or GGC and they need to share. I just took a break from quilting to paint the bathroom. No rest easy I am not going to put up pictures. LOL . But I love seeing others sewing rooms. And I took a break from quilting to make me some dresses for the summer. One in particular I am going to be proud of if it comes out the way I envision. No pattern for the additions just for the main dress.
everyone is entitled to their own opinion Lucky us!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:34 PM

i agree that the board goes way beyond quilting and the old admin was really good about keeping things cleaned up around here but there's new people here so what can you do.

i have filtered the sections that appear (i don't even get the chit chat section or the personal section) and there were created because people where talking about so much aside from quilting so he made sections just for that stuff.

even the picture section is getting out of control we see pics of what people buy at the show, the store, the yard sale, etc.

i'd much rather see something you've made with the stuff and not just your stuff - i just don't get it.