Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 06:29 AM

I sincerely appreciate it when people are real specific in their titles because that way I can pick out what really interests me. Like most, I think if you pick and choose what does, you'll find you aren't wasting time. I absolutely love this board but understand your viewpoint.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:34 AM

same here
Old 06-25-2011, 06:37 AM

I appreciate your opinion and I too am not interested in Fw or some of the other things also but there are only so many things you can say about quilting. I never wanted to make clothes for myself but when I started quilting it opened new doors for me I now make quilted jackets, purses, rugs and many other things I thought I would never do. I too can't read all the threads that come but that's why we have choices to click on them or not.I have mine come to my email and I only get so many a day to read I find that more manageable.I love this site it has so much to offer and so many helpful people who want to share with you. Of all my groups I like this one the best. Life would be so boring if there was no variety in the world and we all did the same old things....
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 AM

I joined the Quilting Board to learn about quilting. I agree with you that it seems to be drifting. What I find really sad, is that those who do not agree will say "you have the right to your own opinion, but I have mine and I am not taking the time to try to understand your point of view". They are limiting themselves by not trying to see a subject from different angles.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
If you stick to Main and Pictures you will get mostly quilting related stuff, for some it is their only social outlet thus the variety of topics, in your profile you can choose which topics you want to see. I still enjoy the camaraderie on the board and even though I do not know the people personally I do look for certain names. We are like a big family
Please reread what the OP said. She DOES limit her reading to Main and Pictures. Her comments are about the plethora of non-quilting discussions and photos in the forums that are expressly set aside to be quilting related according to their descriptions on the section list. She's NOT talking about any of the other sections, just Main and Pictures. Let's be fair.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:45 AM

My own personal thought is if this is not the place for you then you are free to find somewhere that is. Not everyone will agree on what is posted Moderators try their best to move things where they need to be but they can not read every single topic either.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:45 AM

I personally enjoy the bow tucks pictures. They have inspired me to give it a try. If it is made from fabric I am okay with the post. Sometimes I can't understand pictures of pets on brand new quilt tops. I guess I have never loved a pet enough to let them crawl up on a project that took so long to make. I'm limited on how much time I have to spend on the board. I look at all the pictures in the daily digest and just the others that catch my interest.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I've just recently joined QB, but I find the variety of items very interesting, but I usually just click on the ones of interest to me. Because of my arthritis, I can't get around as much as I used to, so I really enjoy the social aspect where I can read about what others are doing, check out their new items of interest and especially the quilts for inspiration. I have recommended this site to a couple of my friends and they like it too. I agree there are a lot of posts, but there are also so many more quilters out there now and that's a good thing.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:54 AM

Maybe what is needed is anew subtitle for such postings. Like for new babies and grandkids, puppies, sewing machines, etc. I find I have been being selective and many times I just read but do not post a response, due tot he time it all requires. I do enjoy the Quilt board tho. I like the photo's of new quilts and a lot of the websites we can get to. LI like that if some one has a problem, they can get help to resolve it here. The support of others is great as well. Just be selective about what you wan to read and respond to. It is pretty easy. Jan
Old 06-25-2011, 06:57 AM

I love the variety I can chose or not to view, some days I have more time and view/comment on more, I control it all. But I like the choice of topics, sharing/caring all of it or have the choice to remove myself.