Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM

I think you can voice your opinion and still be welcomed. With the large number of people on here varied subjects are bound to come up. Hence, that may be one of the reasons for the huge growth.
The basic premise of quilting is still the main subject. As with any main subject whether in person conversation or on a message board other variables (subjects) will be introduced.
I personally enjoy the thought of coming to this wonderful forum to gain knowledge of different subjects without having to cruise all over the inernet.
Especially early in the morning with my cup of coffee and still wearing my pajamas!!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by Deborahlees
only quilts and quilting should be discused here, everything else on chit chat....
There have been times, I've listed subjects in Chit chat and then they had been remove and moved to somewhere else same with pictures...So the titles can be confusing at times...But for me I think people should be able to talk about what ever they feel like....Yes it a quilting board, but most of it has something to do with sewing in some way or another, and I for one also like to see baby pictures and such...
I do not think there is a part of this board that I do NOT like..I enjoy reading most everything..I do not get to but I like the idea that it is there if I want to read it..To be honest, I do not check the category that the subject is in..If I see a title that looks interesting I click on it :-) ..Pictures and links on how to do things are my favorite..
Old 06-24-2011, 02:02 PM

i love the board and all the topics. you can read only the ones you think you will enjoy or click away quickly if you get one that doesn't interest you.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by shellyp
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
human beans. what'cha gonna do wit' 'em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soylent Green. ;-)
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2011, 02:25 PM

Well said Patrice!

Now girls let's all mind and do as patrice says
Old 06-24-2011, 02:45 PM

I love the board....I have never tried to read everything, my life doesn't give me the time to do so...I get on in the morning with my coffee and once in the afternoon...I read the recent topics that seem to interest me, and usually find one posting that makes me laugh...thank you to all the wonderful people on the board that make me laugh, show me how to make a rug, comment on the beautiful quilts, and post silly pictures....I have grown attached to all of you :)
Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 PM

I am enjoying reading items in all categories. I go through and pick and choose what I like. Viva diversity.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
5. We can encourage each other to be more descriptive in our titles and more careful where we put things. (as long as we do it politely. ;-) ) A few of the comments posted in this topic have stuck a toe or two into the snarky pool. tsk tsk tsk

let's all be careful to avoid any more of that, please.

For the most part, though, i would not classify this as a rant, rave, vent, steam, or otherwise poisonous post.

Let's face it. Until somebody invents a magic pill we can all afford, we shall all remain imperfect. we're going to make mistakes. it is not the end of the world.

SQUIRREL!!!

I hope I was not one of the snarky comments, I truly did not mean it to be. Sometimes things typed come across different. So if I have offended (especially moderators who do a great amount of work) I am sorry.

I was just pointing out the differences I have seen in other boards and here. But as I said I am thankful for this place and love it here all topics included lol
Old 06-24-2011, 03:44 PM

I have to agree.....I like the diversity
Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
I personally enjoy the variety the QB offers!
Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM

I love getting new ideas, and as long as we are all mindful of where we're posting it's easy enough to skip over things that don't interest me...for the moment.

I'd never heard of a Bow Tucks bag until I saw one here, and I ended up making several variations on them as gifts. I practiced a LOT of quilting skills on those bags! I also never thought about how embroidery could enhance my quilts; it isn't something I'm up to today, but it's an idea that will stay with me.

Not for everyone, but reading about other arts and techniques has been very educational for me.