Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by shellyp
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
human beans. what'cha gonna do wit' 'em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soylent Green. ;-)
Now how many folks are gonna "get" this reference! An oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
I personally enjoy the variety the QB offers!
:thumbup: me too especially since I have yet to actually make a quilt :) The intention is there, but I get sidetracked by other things I try to make.

robin
Old 06-24-2011, 04:40 PM

I appreciate so much all the posts but particularily the quilting ones because I've learned so much in the short time I've been a member. From the non-quilting posts, I've gotten to know a few of you, and I think that builds comaradeire. We'll probably never meet face to face but I feel like I have friends here who are glad to hear from me, what I'm working on and some of things that are going on in my life. Chris
Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
to open a teaser headline like "Is it Just Me..." or "Does Anyone Else..." Anyone else WHAT??? How about saying what your post is about in the headline so we don't waste our time if not interested?
I definitely agree with this part.
...or "Help!!!" Please state what you need help with. Help with hand quilting, I can help with. Help with machine embroidery, I can not help with, you wouldn't want my help!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM

I, like many others do not have the time to read everything and just click on titles or photos that, from the title, seem of interest to me. I think it is great to have variety, sometimes seeing something different leads us into a new direction and a new 'style'
I am not really into 'traditional' patterns, but I know, because I have seen them on here, that these can be made more modern with different choices of fabric and a few twists and turns and I love that.
At this point in my life I do not have much interest in making a bag but who knows what is around the corner and how my interest will change in the future. At least on this board I have the choice of looking at a multitude of ideas, inspiring work and creativity. I love every part of it and thank you all for taking the time to post anything and everything!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Some may not agree with this message and I will probably get banned from this message board, but here goes anyway.

I joined this message board back in April 2009, when admittedly there were fewer of us here. Back then, it seemed nearly all the messages were quilting related. I've always tried to read each and every post daily in both the Main and Pictures sections. And tried to make appropriate comments, including assistance and encouragement.

Lately, I feel we've gotten away from this being a Quilter's Message Board. There seem to be too many posts with general sewing (Bow Tucks bags and clothing) and other hobbies (Antique sewing machine repair and needlepoint). I am finding it increasingly difficult to read all the posts now and am less inclined to do so, as I have no interest in these other activites. If I did, I would join a message board for those activities.

I sincerely feel, we need to get back to this message board's original purpose of quilting and eliminate many of the non-quilting related posts.
I've really learned quite a bit from this site. Perhaps there just needs to be more categories to help you scan through the list more easily...

Strictly Quilting
General Sewing
Sewing Projects
Equipment and Notions

What do you think?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:25 PM

Patrice? If I pass the pop quiz can I go to the head of the class? I've never been to the head of the class before. I think I might like it there...maybe... ;) :)

I will apologize for my "stuff it" comment. My mama would have been appalled! For the way I worded that, I'm sorry. I will, however, maintain that my vintage machines are quilty...as much so as a Gammill! :lol:

The nice thing about being an adult is that two people can disagree and still be friends....it's ok to do that. ;) (I still tell my kids this...have one daughter in law that hasn't grasped the concept yet, she's only 47 tho, think there's still time?)
Old 06-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

I just go to Unread topics and read the ones that interest me.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM

I love this board....quilting, pics, jokes....all of it. The quilters here are the best! I have learned so much just by reading others' questions. And best of all.....you don't laugh at my silly looking quilts....lol.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:46 PM

wow- I did not know that there were 250,000 members! I like the variety, but I pick and choose which posts I read. I have not been a member all that long though.