Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 03:06 AM

I really enjoy the variety...I have tried a few recipes, and have learnd cleaning tips, I have still not made a bag yet but love looking at them and one of these days....its a nice break to view these topics here with folks we interact with daily on line. I love, love viewing the quilts that people have made and questions that they ask because many times I had no idea!! and the sewing tips have been wonderful!! If it was not for this board I would never have figured the tension out, what best press was, basting, accuquilt, diffrent types of batting and why. I love hearing the stoties of who and why they made a quiky for. i also like hearing about machine issues because many times others on this board had same issues and founf a fix. I do agree that better titles may help those who want to stay on just cetain tops.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:07 AM

I am fairly new to this board and I enjoy everything. Now granted you can't read everything-I love seeing pics of the animals-what does that have to do with quilting? Who cares-it brightens my day and I'm sure others. If you don't want to read about something then skip it-sorry if I sound mean but in the grand scheme of things -------
Old 06-25-2011, 03:16 AM

I love this place because of its variety and look forward very much to my daily visits. There is always something new to see and learn from and it is the sheer diversity that keeps me coming back.

This is a wonderfully kind and safe place to hang out and long may it remain just that.

Marion
Old 06-25-2011, 03:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Originally Posted by shellyp
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
human beans. what'cha gonna do wit' 'em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soylent Green. ;-)
Now how many folks are gonna "get" this reference! An oldie but a goodie.
Who could forget Charlton Heston?

This has been an interesting discussion. The main consensus seems to be that people should label their topics more carefully, and try to put them in the right place. I think there are (fairlly easy) ways to change the interface for new topics that would encourage people to think about their titles and placement. Patrice, is that something that the admin's would even consider? For instance, instead of putting the topic automatically into the section that the user was in when selecting 'create new topic', make the user select the section from the new topic page. Give guidelines at that point on what goes where. When the user puts in the title, give some guidance on making it specific. If the title is really short (e.g. "need help"), encourage the user to add more words. I'm sure there are lots more ways this could be accomplished, and it would be a big help to everyone, not just new members.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Some may not agree with this message and I will probably get banned from this message board, but here goes anyway.

I joined this message board back in April 2009, when admittedly there were fewer of us here. Back then, it seemed nearly all the messages were quilting related. I've always tried to read each and every post daily in both the Main and Pictures sections. And tried to make appropriate comments, including assistance and encouragement.

Lately, I feel we've gotten away from this being a Quilter's Message Board. There seem to be too many posts with general sewing (Bow Tucks bags and clothing) and other hobbies (Antique sewing machine repair and needlepoint). I am finding it increasingly difficult to read all the posts now and am less inclined to do so, as I have no interest in these other activites. If I did, I would join a message board for those activities.

I sincerely feel, we need to get back to this message board's original purpose of quilting and eliminate many of the non-quilting related posts.
There may be some posting of animals that does not relate to quilting, but other than that, I do not see anything wrong with the messages that are being posted. That's why there are different areas of posting certain messages. Sometime quilters and sewers have so much going on and need someone to vent too, other than family members who are none sewers or quilters and may not understand us. Other quilters may have had the same trouble as how to complete a project or which sewing machine to buy too get our moneys worth for the amount of sewing we do and can help us make a decision, offer some comforting advise. No matter what post I clicked on, I have find some helpful information; whether it's how to finish a quilt, what is the best finishing touch to put on a quilt, what design should be used with certain fabric. I know I have spend a hold day on the board reading every section and post. I find it very interesting and veeeeeeeeery helpful to me. Don't mean to cross anyone. I think a person has to be strong enough to view only those posting that concerns quilting, since that's what they are here for. But if you are addicted, like me; I sat one day aside to view everything. Education is plentiful to me. Some of the project posted here, I never would have attempt, but I did, now I have to get the courage to post the inperfect finished project.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 AM

I enjoy all the topic, I feel like that is how we get to know each other. Have learned so much just by reading
Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Banned

I like the variety..quilters are more than just quilters,they are moms,grandmoms,guys,etc.and we all have other areas of interest in our lives.People like to share.The topics here are great! You can pick and choose what you want to read about. I personally like seeing other things about quilters ,such as grandbabies,pets,etc.I dont always read all the posts,I dont have time,but again,you are free to pick and choose. Thats what makes it FUN here!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:56 AM

Keep it like it is. No one has to read everything.

If its not broke, don't fix it!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:59 AM

I love the sharing...glad to be here and love seeing variety. I read what I am interested in.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 AM

I agree with LeslieFrost