Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
i like chit-chat and recipes.

the seperate sections are great.

i do notice "looking for fabric" or other subject lines posted in the main section,or introduce yourself section..when it really should be in the classified.
i have pm'd people to change thier subject line,and put it in the correct section, so they can get better help for what they are looking for..i really want they to find what they are looking for!

Love your post !!! and agree....

i belong to another board that does not allow off topic at all. all quilting/sewing related only. the owner operator deletes off topic. no fun. but i know the rules.

everyone is entitled to thier opinion ideas..i respect your right to voice that opinion!

My only complaint?
i can't walk across the street to visit or help you with a project!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 AM

Thank goodness for change. It challenges us to grow and enjoy new frontiers.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:34 AM

Since I joined this board I have acquired sewing machines both new and old that I didn't know I needed, and have gotten ideas for making quilts, and quilted bags (which I never thought of making.) I learn so much by reading posts, and love the camraderie. I hope you can make the board a positive part of your day.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:49 AM

I think the board has such a wide variety of people who dont only quilt and they like to think of other board members as friends Iam sure I do and as friends they like to share other things in their lives.We are all happy when we make something and other people encourage and praise us for the great work and it is wonderful to get other ideas for different projects I love quilting but I also need a break and try other things the board gives me many ideas of other things I didnt even think of as well as other methods I love all of the stories and hearing the good news in other peoples lives and feel for them in the not so good times it feels good to know that people care and want to share a small part of their life your dont find that alot now
Old 06-25-2011, 05:00 AM

ROTFLOL - I'll bet FQs 75% of the members here have no idea what you are referring to. But you have a great idea! Soylent Green, hee hee hee.
Originally Posted by shellyp
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
human beans. what'cha gonna do wit' 'em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soylent Green. ;-)
Old 06-25-2011, 05:03 AM

I have no complaints!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:09 AM

I love the board just the way it is. I love getting peoples opinions on things, seeing craft rooms, seeing new featherweights. If I have the time I read everything. If I don't I choose the topics that interest me the most that day. I'm amazed it runs as smoothlky as it doe for the amount of people. This is my favorite group.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Some may not agree with this message and I will probably get banned from this message board, but here goes anyway.

I joined this message board back in April 2009, when admittedly there were fewer of us here. Back then, it seemed nearly all the messages were quilting related. I've always tried to read each and every post daily in both the Main and Pictures sections. And tried to make appropriate comments, including assistance and encouragement.

Lately, I feel we've gotten away from this being a Quilter's Message Board. There seem to be too many posts with general sewing (Bow Tucks bags and clothing) and other hobbies (Antique sewing machine repair and needlepoint). I am finding it increasingly difficult to read all the posts now and am less inclined to do so, as I have no interest in these other activites. If I did, I would join a message board for those activities.

I sincerely feel, we need to get back to this message board's original purpose of quilting and eliminate many of the non-quilting related posts.
Sorry you feel that way. I agree on somethings but the Bow Tucks are quilted before sewn together.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:17 AM

This is the way the Quilt Board has grown. Everyone can find something that interest them. As in every thing else you have the right to pick and chose. I love it!!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:21 AM

I think, if we all looked long enough and honestly enough, we all could find something, however small, we don't like about this board. But bottom line is, as a boatload of ladies have already said, pick and choose what interests you and leave the rest behind. Sometimes I can get through the daily digest in 5min, sometimes I linger an hour or more.