Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
I like the variety. I think people post other things like new babies, kitties, puppies, etc. because they feel this is a family and want to share.
Everyone has a right to their opinion and the ability to not read a post that does not interest them.
JMHO
You are right, everyone has a right to their opinion and the ability to not read a post that does not interest them. They are all interesting to me except the one about the snakes. They really freaked me out. Never seen so many snakes until Hurricane Katrina.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM

A Nanner for Patrice! I agree. Sounds pretty tasty right now. lol

This QB is full of so many talented people and I learn something every time I get in here. So I do love the variety. Some things may not be my favorite or my taste in fabrics, colors, etc. but I choose whether to read or not and go on happy as if I had good sense. What I make may not suit others. Variety being key here. And I misspell all of the time. I don't take time to spellcheck or look at a dictionary. lol Or I flat out have typo's. LOL I love this lg group! Huge Hugs!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
Can I have 2 or 3 cherries ?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
I can not imagine a real-life get together (such as quilting bee) where the people limited their conversation to one topic with no mention of anything else.
Yes, because we are human, not sewing machines!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
I only read things in the Main forum, nothing else, and even then there are a great deal of non-quilting topics...like, um, this one. :lol: I agree with you fully, mytwopals, but things are never going to go back the way they were so we either have to adapt or move on. Life is like that. I miss gas at 23¢ a gallon, too. ;)
Good point ghostrider! I do, too! As for the topics on the Board, it's expanded a LOT, but is still predominantly quilting. I believe the moderators are doing a bang-up job of keeping things organized.

JMHO
Old 06-25-2011, 02:22 PM

I think it is good to regard this group as a group of "personal friends" such as in a neighborhood coffee group. Sharing the happiness for the newly born, the pleasure in finally getting a sewing room in order, jokes, Quilt photos that inspire, beauty in nature, are all part of a well rounded group. Single focus can be deadly.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:32 PM

I really love the QB and read what interests me just about everyday. I think others can post whatever they want and I can edit what I read. I hope nothing changes! Linda
Old 06-25-2011, 02:54 PM

You most certainly do have the right to express your opinion. That is one of the great things about this board.

I understand what you are saying; however, I've learned so many things from the members on this board that I would hate to see anything eliminated. I do believe that articles should be about creating with fabric and thread and all the other wonderful things that go with sewing.

I just skip the topics that don't interest me.

Another fantastic thing about this board is that when you are in the dumps, or ill, or just need to vent this is a place to do it and not be judged.

I've only been a member since October of last year, but I've learned more and made some wonderful friends in that short time.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 PM

I've only been here a few months so I don't know what this forum was like at the beginning. I like what I find here though there is no way to look at it all. I read the posts with topics that catch my eye and do for searches when looking for something specific. I read other forums on different things and do the same there. I like it here just the way it is. I get to read what I want and then go on to something else. Thank you everyone for all your wonderful posts. I have learned and am learning so much here.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. All you have to do is pass it up if you are not interested. Personally, I love anything related to sewing, what one finds at garage sales, vintage machines, news regarding your family. Do you know that before I got my laptop for Christmas 2010, I hardly ever used my desktop computer. Now I am online everyday, 98% of the time on this board. Can't wait to see what you all are doing everyday. I just love it and hope its stays on forever.

Just wanted to say that I agree with Donna. I know that I am guilty of posting in the wrong area. I am not what you call computer saavy and am still learning. I still don't know how to put in a new topic for discussion, so I put it here.

Sorrieeeeee! I will try to do better.