Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
My girls - points to avatar, would love to add WHIPPED CREAM!
OHHH whipped cream!!! Whipped cream makes everything taste good :lol: :thumbup:
Oh yeah, I never should have said WHIPPED CREAM out loud, now my girls are saying WOOF WOOF lol.[/quote]

Wanted to add that I love your girls..Shelties are such wonderful little ones..I had one long time ago and he was such a doll
Old 06-25-2011, 11:52 AM

OHHH whipped cream!!! Whipped cream makes everything taste good :lol: :thumbup:
Oh yeah, I never should have said WHIPPED CREAM out loud, now my girls are saying WOOF WOOF lol.
Wanted to add that I love your girls..Shelties are such wonderful little ones..I had one long time ago and he was such a doll[/quote]

Thank you, these two are both nice and Naughty! I love them though, wouldn't trade them or my kitties for the world.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by gollytwo
I just wish we had spell-check for posters who don't proofread before sending
wow, not nice, I am learning disabled, so I can't spell worth beans.
God bless
Penny
Penny, Sweetheart, don't let them disturb you or stop you from posting. I'm sure that was aimed at those of us that are not learning disabled and still, on occasion, don't spell things correctly or have typos, and aren't concerned with the little things like that enough to use a spell check.
Your posts are perfectly fine, and I love seeing you post!
I won't quit posting, but just wanted to show that sometime the negative comments do hurt people, I am very senstive to not being able to spell.
I wanted to be an RN, but settled for dental assisting because I could not spell good enough to document in pt charts.
But I am fine and I know in my heart that it was not said to hurt people like me.
I have missed you all, and trying very hard to get over deprssion, so I can join back in the fun more, and get inspiered to keep learning to quilt.
God bless.
Penny
Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 PM

I think we all pick and choose the topics that interest us.Posting replies to the ones we want too For me This forum can answer my questions and I never have to ask- some one already has. Besides all the pics of beautiful of quilts I enjoy the HELP with borders /etc.. I think a second [or more]set of eyes is helpful I wish I had the techno-gene to be able post pics of my quilts to ask for help on them.Or to just show some one my latest creations But I'm sure I'll learn how through the QB :-) :-)
Old 06-25-2011, 12:48 PM

The quilting board is the best message board I've ever seen precisely because there is plenty of everything here, and it's all organized so that nobody has to waste a minute reading anything they're not interested in reading. I can't even imagine trying to keep up with, much less trying to respond to every message. There were over 30,000 users. That's more than there were people in the town I grew up in, AND we all have something in common - how amazing is that!

It's icing on the cake, as far as I'm concerned that there are separate areas of this list where we can discover other things we have in common, as well as share bits and pieces of our private lives and thoughts, and pictures of fur babies and non-quilting related items. I never met most of the people in my home town of Leavenworth, Kansas, never expected to, and certainly never tried. Same on this forum, but as in that town, I bump into strangers here that seem friendly, and I like to give them a smile and see what they're up to when I stumble across them here and there.

It definitely works for me, and I would not change a thing! Many thanks to the moderators and those who created this!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
a cherry - check
whipped cream - check
add hot fudge and walnuts - check

anybody got a spare nanner to toss on?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:05 PM

I completely agree
Old 06-25-2011, 01:06 PM

I enjoy the board and the bow-tucks are on my bucket-list. Diversity is an important standard in our country and I for one welcome it. Let's try to stay on our subject which is QUILTING.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I just read the unread topics that interest me. I don't have enough time to read everything. But I don't want others who do enjoy them to miss out :-D :-D I appreciate the fact this is a multipurpose (or as my gs would say...poopymulpis) board and that the members are so diverse.
i agree
Old 06-25-2011, 01:19 PM

I get "Click to see the current edition of the Quilted Paradise Digest" in my email and see what is going on. There are usually 10-15 topics in quilting and there is another section for other o/t threads. There is also a section for posting current pictures.

When I respond to a thread I leave the "follow this thread" box checked for follow-up.

I am not overwhemed with things to read. I do not try to read everything on here.

I'm new to sewing and quilting. I might mention someting I'm doing between quilting.

In any case, this is a great group, and you can partake of it as you want.