Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

I have not been on the board for a while, so my feelings is this.
I love everything about this board, I do get upset when people bash others for not being able to pay for the more expensive fabric as others can.
but I love looking at everything made from the heart, weather your new to sewing/quilting or a pro, I love to see the progress people are making as they become better and better, I don't mind seeing things that are not quilted, I once posted the first dress I have ever maid for my granddaughter.
The good lord says to encourage and lift people, and what ever you do, do it the best you can and then it is a gift from God.
I have gotten so much help from this board, not only fabric and batting and supplies that are needed to quilt, but I have gotten prayers and praise and moral support.
I love all of your gentle, kind, and giving hearts.
and forgive me if I ever post in the wrong spot, for I am human and not perfect at all.
If you can make someone smile, then the joke did what the sender wanted to accomplish, and that is to give your heart joy for a few minutes of your time.
May God bless all of you, and may he find kindness in your hearts.
Penny
Old 06-25-2011, 10:46 AM

There are many other websites and blogs that are "quilting only" related. Usually I come here for inspiration for my own quilting. There are times when I want more and I enjoy the FW and old machine photos, the personal stories and even the recipes. I quess what I am saying is the site is flexible enough to meet what ever needs I may have each time I visit. I am happy about that and will continue to return and participate.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by fatquarters
I think the board is great but posters should be more careful of the section that they post in. The pics of your cat or your flowers should be in chit chat and all those types of things Main should be for quilting onlyand Pics should be pics of quilts only. Maybe we need a section for sewing only for things like bags. Some people do enjoy them. IMHO posters also need to title their posts clearer so users don't waste time loading subjects that are of no interest, for then we know the subject at a glance
I agree with most of this BUT after reading many of the other posts, I am reminded that we are like a huge family and have different likes and dislikes. I have learned so much just from reading the other members posts and tuts and hope one or two have valued something I have said or done also. I do skip over some of the posts but someone else may be waiting for just such a post. I also used to have dial-up and can understand the frustration of a poorly worded post heading. Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way, and for the constant source of inspiration. Carol
Old 06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gollytwo
I just wish we had spell-check for posters who don't proofread before sending
use mozilla FireFox 4.0

it has spell check. :-)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:21 AM

I have firefox and I have spell check and also no adds!!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

wow, not nice, I am learning disabled, so I can't spell worth beans.
God bless
Penny
Old 06-25-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
use mozilla FireFox 4.0

it has spell check. :-)
as does the Google tool bar ;-)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Well, I have read all the posts for this subject, and guess I'm the only one that is nosy and read just about everything. LOL Well maybe skip one or two along....But I like the board just the way it is, with a lot of variety...Thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Swap Hosts

I mostly peruse the main and pictures if I don't have lots of time, but when I do, I really enjoy seeing pets and babies and flowers and the odd animal that wanders into an unexpected place. I have not been a member for long, but I do enjoy getting to know the members here in a holistic sense - they are more than quilters and in my opinion those wonderful nuances that make up each life are reflected in their quilts and other projects.

I almost never look in the recipes section, but I do enjoy the chit chat area. I open things with titles that intrigue me - and never open bargello posts. I don't know why, but that pattern gives me the creeps.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
wow, not nice, I am learning disabled, so I can't spell worth beans.
God bless
Penny
I have a hard time with spelling as well..I have learned to over look the "small stuff" when it comes to typing (spelling) especially when it is at a relaxed atmosphere such as this wonderful board..You would be surprised at how our brain can recognize words that are misspelled..To me it is not a big deal..That is small stuff, in this world..