Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Quick answer is to change your profile, and hopefully that will help. I too sometimes just check out the subject and move on. Don't have enough time in the day to work and read it all. BUT, it is there when I do have time and I wander into some of the subjects I would usually pass on. Cannot tell you how many times I was really glad I did! So hang in here with us, I need all the advice I can get!!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tinabug
Quick answer is to change your profile, and hopefully that will help. I too sometimes just check out the subject and move on. Don't have enough time in the day to work and read it all. BUT, it is there when I do have time and I wander into some of the subjects I would usually pass on. Cannot tell you how many times I was really glad I did! So hang in here with us, I need all the advice I can get!!
I have been following this topic since it started, and I'm utterly amazed that I'm pretty sure this is the first mention of "change your profile"! I, for one, had forgotten that it is possible to receive notices only from categories you select. Very easily done, too. Thanks for mentioning it!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 PM

OK, sorry to offend anyone, but I am new and kind of looking from the outside in, which is good. I see this as the best FREEEEEE resource for quilting and sewing related anything and everything. This is the spice of life for this hobby!! How can anyone really complain about anything that is free to them? Sorry, but I just don't get it, if you have nothing invested except for the time YOU CHOOSE to spend here.

What a shame...it was fun while it lasted! Thanks to those who have been so nice and helpful to me, I have learned immensely from you all!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 PM

I enjoy every inch of this board. I enjoy the quilting and the sewing. They are intramingled- two peas in a pod- I don't want a thing to change.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
OK, sorry to offend anyone, but I am new and kind of looking from the outside in, which is good. I see this as the best FREEEEEE resource for quilting and sewing related anything and everything. This is the spice of life for this hobby!! How can anyone really complain about anything that is free to them? Sorry, but I just don't get it, if you have nothing invested except for the time YOU CHOOSE to spend here.

What a shame...it was fun while it lasted! Thanks to those who have been so nice and helpful to me, I have learned immensely from you all!
Hi JustLee, I hope you are not gonna leave us, or am I just misunderstanding what I'm reading? What you said is right and don't take anything personal. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy this board. It is a great board and great people. It's a big board and with all that many folks, you're gonna see every once in a while some not agreeing on some opinions. That's ok. I hope you stay with us. There's so much more for us to learn and enjoy.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:54 PM

I'm one of the newbies and greatly enjoy this forum. But I agree that topics in the main and picture subforum should be restricted to quilting topics and pictures. As much as I enjoy looking at kittens or puppies, I guess this should belong into a different category. And I agree that there should be a category for tote bags, they seem to be on the increase. On the other hand, the one thing I enjoy most about this forum, is the fact, that it is not so strict regarding misplaced topics and posts. I don't like forums that are policed by the administrators.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:15 AM

i enjoy all topics even yours. and i do choose which to read. i hope it doesnt change also. we all love to quilt and also we sew different projects which to me are interesting to read.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by gollytwo
I just wish we had spell-check for posters who don't proofread before sending
wow, not nice, I am learning disabled, so I can't spell worth beans.
God bless
Penny
I agree with penny. It is not like we are in a business office when posting. So I think the above post is quite trifle. OOPS. Did I misspell. My bad. LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 06:01 PM

Im a terrible speller always have been I try to be really careful but mistakes happen, I don't proofread anyone's post I just reading them
Old 06-30-2011, 06:48 AM

That is me too. I just don't read everything. If it doesn't interest me I just skip it.
Originally Posted by bj
I just read the unread topics that interest me. I don't have enough time to read everything. But I don't want others who do enjoy them to miss out :-D :-D I appreciate the fact this is a multipurpose (or as my gs would say...poopymulpis) board and that the members are so diverse.