Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-26-2011, 01:37 PM

I really enjoy the Quilting Board and I like that there are different topics, and I love the baby pictures here and there, especially when they laying on a quilt. There is still so much quilting talk and pictures on here that I love also. I have learned so much whether it is quilting, babies, dogs and cats, cooking, etc. I too click on what really interests me at the moment and save the rest for later when I have more time or either delete some.

I like it that we can come together on here with a problem and get the feedback from all of you that is really uplifting 99% of the time.

I know its all over the world now, but we're kinda like family. So lets just click on what interests us and there's always the delete button. Right? :thumbup:
Old 06-26-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by hpylady
I really enjoy the Quilting Board and I like that there are different topics, and I love the baby pictures here and there, especially when they laying on a quilt. There is still so much quilting talk and pictures on here that I love also. I have learned so much whether it is quilting, babies, dogs and cats, cooking, etc. I too click on what really interests me at the moment and save the rest for later when I have more time or either delete some.

I like it that we can come together on here with a problem and get the feedback from all of you that is really uplifting 99% of the time.

I know its all over the world now, but we're kinda like family. So lets just click on what interests us and there's always the delete button. Right? :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Old 06-26-2011, 02:07 PM

I love this board & really don't mind what anyone posts, we all have the choice of reading, or skipping, any post here, so I just take my pick & enjoy! It's just fun to have a place here to chat & share, among other quilters, & I hope that never changes!....
Old 06-26-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
My girls - points to avatar, would love to add WHIPPED CREAM!
a cherry - check
whipped cream - check
add hot fudge and walnuts - check

anybody got a spare nanner to toss on?
Where's the ice cream?
I think we all assumed it as already there? if not OOPS lol
I'LL BRING THE ICE CREAM !! (What a bunch of clowns - love 'em)

Marysewfun
Old 06-26-2011, 02:55 PM

Actually, I think my husband is a bit curious about my sudden interest in "what does Harbor Freight have on sale?" We've come up with so many goodies we can "make do" from places like that in lieu of exhorbitant prices elsewhere.

Marysewfun
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Oh ladies, I for one, really enjoy this site. Of course, I don't read everything, which everyone else can skip subjects. Just enjoy. Barb
Old 06-26-2011, 04:39 PM

I'm glad you feel free to state your opinion. I've always picked and choose what to look at and have been surprised sometimes but never diappointed
Old 06-26-2011, 04:50 PM

I read the ones that interest me, and I ignore the others. Makes my life on the board easier.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
I just joined in Dec. 2010, but as far as I can tell, speech is pretty free on the Board, so I doubt that you will be banned, you are entitlted to your opinion.

I can imagine that things have changed. With 250,000 users, the site is probably very different than it was when it was smaller. Your goal of reading every post is probably unrealistic now.

I also don't care much about new babies, most old sewing machines (although I love to look at FWs) or Bow Tucks, but I find that I can pretty much ignore them from the titles, or click, then quickly click away if the post is not interesting.

Sorry that you're feeling bad about QB. The joy is that you can participate or ignore, as you see fit.
I agree. I have learned to be more selective in what I click on to. I love seeing the babies (not the furry ones, though), but all of that is time consuming.... taking away from my real joy -- the sewing. So I click on and after I see the picture, etc. I go on to the next one. Sometimes I don't even open some of them.

I have learned so much from so many members -- even things that are unrelated to quilting. And I have become long distance friends with many of the members. I have found that we are connected by our love of quilting and then find that we also have other interests that connect us. For instance, I have met cake decorators, retired teachers, Cajun friends.

So my advice to those who are disappointed is to just be more selective and read only what interests you. It's just like shopping -- you are attracted to the things that interest you, and you skip over what is of interest to someone else. Happy quilting.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:25 PM

I've only been on the board about six months and love it. I don't read all posts or all replies and only occasionally reply. I like it just the way it is. Just one opinion.