Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-26-2011, 06:39 AM

I enjoy the site. I see a mix of things and if I'm not interested I CLICK and go on. But I see what your saying., and opinions are welcome.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:43 AM

I read what appeals to me and skip those post that don't.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:37 AM

I enjoy reading and hearing about everyone crafts. I enjoy other things besides quilting (scrapbooking, cross stitch, totes and tutes) and I hope everyone will continue to write and show pictures of their accomplishments and especially their sewing rooms. I don't read every post, but I do enjoy seeing what everyone is making. I hope everyone will continue to post their projects.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:45 AM

The board has changed. I now only go to the topics that catch my eye. I am spending way too much on the computer lately. I am trying to limit my time on the board!
Old 06-26-2011, 07:48 AM

I love this board to pieces! It saves my sanity sometimes. I am never bored, and if sometimes life seems to be getting really complicated, I can come here and forget about my world and it's problems and escape to a different craft, state, or country. If something doesn't interest me, well then, I just skip it. The topic headings are a great help. I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
I just joined in Dec. 2010, but as far as I can tell, speech is pretty free on the Board, so I doubt that you will be banned, you are entitlted to your opinion.

I can imagine that things have changed. With 250,000 users, the site is probably very different than it was when it was smaller. Your goal of reading every post is probably unrealistic now.

I also don't care much about new babies, most old sewing machines (although I love to look at FWs) or Bow Tucks, but I find that I can pretty much ignore them from the titles, or click, then quickly click away if the post is not interesting.

Sorry that you're feeling bad about QB. The joy is that you can participate or ignore, as you see fit.
All the Bow tucks I've made have quilting. Will you limit the discussion to a certain percentage that an item has to be quilted to participate in the discussion? Antique and vintage machines are used to MAKE quilted things. How does this not apply? I agree, if subjects were named better (ie Bow Tucks photo; my antique machine; hand quilting etc.) that WOULD cut down on having to open things like "Look what I did!" or "I need help!". But I enjoy reading what quilters (and sewer and appliquers etc.) are doing.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:10 PM

I personally look forward each day to click on here and see pictures and read i have learned so much about quilting from every one willing to share thier skills and fabric info.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Charlee
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
My girls - points to avatar, would love to add WHIPPED CREAM!
a cherry - check
whipped cream - check
add hot fudge and walnuts - check

anybody got a spare nanner to toss on?
Where's the ice cream?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

New members will ask questions that are new to them.

So, yes, if one has been a member here for a while, one does see some of the same topics come up again and again.

It's how life is. If you haven't done it before, it's new to you.

The topic of more definitive titles has come up numerous times, too.

It's also helpful to read the "how to use this board" guidelines for each section. A lot of helpful information on how to navigate the board, how to do various things, and what various titles, etc. mean.

I am very happy and grateful to have the "other" non-quilting sections available.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Charlee
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
My girls - points to avatar, would love to add WHIPPED CREAM!
a cherry - check
whipped cream - check
add hot fudge and walnuts - check

anybody got a spare nanner to toss on?
Where's the ice cream?
I think we all assumed it as already there? if not OOPS lol