What's your claim to fame?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Dix

Originally Posted by DebraK
Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
i once went on a date with Garth Brooks before he was famous.
soooo, how was he? ;-)
My dd lives in the same area as Garth does., She was in a grocery line just before Christmas a few years ago. There was a lady with 4 or 5 little ones and he paid for her groceries, carried them to the old beat up car and left. After finding out who she was, he bought the family a new car. He is a true Christian and a good guy!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:55 PM

I had sat in a booth next to Stephen King in Bangor, Maine. A few years later my daughter played basketball with him at the Y in Bangor.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:56 PM

While working as a waitress in a 5 star restaurant in the beautiful Lakes Region of So. Maine, I waited on all the local news people, Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather and Christopher Walken. NOT together! I spent some time back stage with Earth, Wind and Fire. My daughter was a roadie for Dark Star Orchestra ( a Greatful Dead Tribute band) and was introduced around. "Met" Bob Weir too!
But I wanna bump into Robert Redford. I would melt into a puddle!
Old 07-02-2011, 07:25 PM

i was night desk clerk at a hotel in ca. we hosted the roy rodgers days each year that all of the older actors from the westerns came to, that was a pretty full hotel that weekend.also charro, the temptations, brad pitt,and we found an old picture of mel gibson when we were cleaning the hotel after the people i worked for bought the hotel.before that we worked the apple valley inn where roy rodgers and old stars hung out. i liked the bob hope suite.also when my son was a baby met jack lord from hawaii five o in hawaii while they were filming at my exes office on base, he was really nice and all the kids loved him. my son had a band in san diego that would open for eddie vedders wifes band she was trying to start and sat with vedders some others that i wouldn't know in that age group. also for those from kansas we also had the wing nuts while they were playing against the mavericks there.they sure were polite guys, it was kind of funny at first being called maam. that doesn't happen much if at all in ca. but wow dancing with gere it wouldn't get any better than that.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM

I was kissed on stage by Englebert Humperdink,,,,oh my, didn't wash for a week. That was while he was still married to Patricia.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:17 PM

On our honeymoon, we met a couple and the man and my hubby was having a debate about a man on the other side of the pool. They thought he was a famous wrestler (I do not watch it so I was clueless) as they carried on and on, I finally said for Pete's sake and pranced over to him.

I said with all due respect and so that they will hush, are you a wrestler? He stated in a deep husky voice, yes. I asked and your name is, he stated Triple H. I thanked him and told him I would not bother him again.

My hubby and the other guy was shocked and in aw that I did that, but he was just another guy to me.

So, I met and talked to Triple H.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:36 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
I ate at a McDonalds once!
Good one, LOL!!! Liked this the best. :D

Jan in VA
Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
I ate at a McDonalds once!
Good one, LOL!!! Liked this the best. :D

Jan in VA
Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 PM

oops
Old 07-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by apronlady
Originally Posted by Debbie C
I was new to my job at Costco. Having a short break at the food court, I spotted a fellow who looked just like Richard Gere. When he finished eating, he came close to my table to empty his tray. He looked at me and smiled. I HAD to say "I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but you really resemble Richard Gere". And then he said,"Well, what if was WAS Richard Gere?" I said to him, "Then being a huge fan of the movie "Shall We Dance", I'd ask you to dance with me". Guess what? He extended his arm, I stood and took his hand and he spun me around and 'dipped' me!!!" I later found out that Richard Gere actually shopped at that Costco often on his way out to his house in the Hamptons (eastern Long Island) I died a little bit that day!!
WOW...was it the Holbrook Costco? That's my hangout of Costcos here...what a neat story! Thanks for sharing!
No, no, I like THIS one best!!!! WOW! :mrgreen:

Jan in VA