Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
*Paint Chip Challenge* from our quilt club >

*Paint Chip Challenge* from our quilt club

*Paint Chip Challenge* from our quilt club

Old 10-02-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
Agreed! But I wasn't able to go to the paint store and I was interested to see what kinds of colors would fit my own initials of PAS - the crayola chart served nicely. If you did crayola colors, you could make a little quilt with pockets for crayons, enough for a box but just include your colors for the display. Later, the remainder of the crayons could be added, the "quilt" folded and tied and gifted to some lucky kid. I'm thinking on the fly here. :lol:
Good idea!
Plus it would standardize what each participant had to work with. Though there's no K, Q, X and Z if you were doing the name game

Plus, a lot of guilds and quilting groups have a charity project each year, so this spin would do double duty!
I would just do an alphabet "draw" if someone had one of those as an initial and use whatever was drawn as the substitute letter. I agree that it would make a great charity project - esp. around Christmas.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:17 AM

Any donations to "charity" projects are AWESOME. Many mini-quilts go to an Alzheimer's project where they are auctioned off.

Just took a quilt to the United Way fund drive last week, and people were thrilled to get int. My local quilting partner and I are going to make ONE donation quilt a year now

Any way you change UP the rules is fine - there are noooo PCC police....LOL! We are going to do all sorts of rule morphing in future years as we want to keep the challenge fresh and fun for everyone.