Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • male quilters >
  • male quilters

• male quilters

Old 05-02-2013, 05:16 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Louise... did you see that the site owner limited the membership to 150 and he has 50 men waiting to join? he asks for donations to keep the account up and running. it's definitely an interesting read
    ??? I just looked at that site ... and there seems to be 379 members.

Also .... several women as noted by QuiltyLouise.

Interesting that all seem to use their real names (or perhaps aliases, but first/last names)
    Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 AM
    sap

Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Seems to me a reporter would have much better/easier/smarter ways to research male quilters in his/her own area than to go on a large international message board and ask members to volunteer information about other members without asking permission. Things are not always what they seem on the surface, just saying.
    Seems there are ways of helping anyone without being rude! And at the same time protect security. If I lived KY, I could I would certainty try to be helpful, NOT rude.
    Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Please all, be sure to read the original posts carefully before responding, it saves the rest of us some teeth grinding and silly comments.

The reporter needs a male quilter in HIS area of Kentucky.
    The reporter is a member now of this website and can find any other member's user name just as the rest of us can.
    If anyone knows of a male quilter in the correct area of Kentucky, they could easily PM the quilter with a link to this thread so that quilter could personally contact the reporter by PM.
    If the quilter, or anyone else, has questions they can easily contact the venue for which this reporter works to establish his legitimacy.

Being cautious and 'private' is one thing we should all do.
    Being a bit rude in response to a new member's post is another entirely, especially when there is recourse to answer the question without endangering anyone.

Jan in VA
    Jan, you always express my thoughts so much better than I can!
    Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 AM
    Banned

QuiltnNan, that message has been up for at LEAST 2 years when I joined
    their website. Even though I don't visit the website much anymore (not since
    my English class ended 2 years ago) I do still try to support the website by
    donating.

There are some amazing quilters on that website just like there are amazing
    quilters here.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Louise... did you see that the site owner limited the membership to 150 and he has 50 men waiting to join? he asks for donations to keep the account up and running. it's definitely an interesting read
    Old 05-02-2013, 06:08 AM
    Power Poster

I 3rd it that motion.
    Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 AM

I don't know anyone - but my sister just moved from Ashland, KY. I really enjoyed visiting her there. Such a great little town!
    Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Material Witness
    I also am looking for a male quilter - what a great husband replacement. Just imagine!
    Wouldn't that be wonderful!
    Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Jan, didn't you post some time back about a male quilter in WV who's quilt was going to be hung at some museum? Seems to me his quilts were featured in a news article about him & his quilting & that he'd entered quilts into a show there & won the honor of having one of them displayed at the museum. I don't remember his name or the quilt show, but didn't you enter a quilt into the same show?? Does this ring a bell? If so, maybe you could pass that info on to Ray for his research. Ray, I wish you luck in your endeavor. Maybe if you expand your geographic area you'll find whom your looking for or can find the answers your looking for.
    Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
    welcome to the board and sorry for such scrutiny, it's like there's a man in the fabric store...just kidding everyone...seriously....Jim
    Rofl!!! I feel for men sometimes... I've heard John Flynn tell his story about one of his earlier trips to a fabric store.

It's like the time I walked into Harbor Freight and wandered around for a while, just looking at all the goodies. Male employee (who must have been at least 70 years old) kept following me, asking what it was my husband needed me to pick up. I finally turned around and told him I was searching for a new husband, and was he interested? He left me alone after that.
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM

oh this is cool, i am sure you will find a Male Quilter here somewhere.. please keep me posted on your story!!
    Originally Posted by Swimdangit
    I'm a freelance reporter for the Ashland (Ky.) Daily Independent. I'm trying to find a male quilter who lives in Boyd, Carter, Greenup or Lewis counties in Kentucky or the Huntington, W.Va. areas for a story I hope to write. I'd appreciate the help.

Ray Schaefer