Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Christmas Greeting >

Christmas Greeting

Christmas Greeting

Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I love it you did a great job!! Our bank had the most wonderful Christmas decorations up made me feel so festive. Came in yesterday all down!~!! So tired of it being a free country and one person complains and all is gone!! Sorry off my soap box
What happened to majority rules? I am completely saddened by this turn of events. The customs we were able to follow are now gone (free country?). I love America and all the melting pot of people so I ask, how can just a very small minority RULE. If we hurt one persons feeling so we hurt all? Goodness, where did all these "Free" words come from must have been hidden in my subconscious.

Merry Christmas is simply a happy, smiley, joyous greeting to those we love, like, and some we don't even know and perhaps don't like as much. PEACE MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by bettyjo
I did this for work.. darn I wish I did not have to be politically correct.. It is my Holiday... and I want to say...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
I love your quilt. I say it is your quilt and you have the right to say MERRY CHRISTMAS. Regardless of what others may want to think or believe CHRIST IS STILL THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. With that said.
Merry CHRISTmas.
Charlene
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 AM

oh gosh, if we all could boldly just say Merry Christmas and not be afraid to be "politically correct". I did something the other day, and laugh if you will.

I went shopping for ME, because I don't shop for me. Something I have wanted for over a year. A digital camera, but instead I got a camcorder. Of course with me being "so smart" and so "knowledgeable" about stuff like this....(which I am not)
after I bought this little thing, and wasn't very much either. when I got ready to leave, the guy spoke , Happy Holidays, well I exchanged, Merry Christmas, and he was speachless for a second, and he said it back to me! just a start,

I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, happy new year too.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:47 AM

I always say Merry Christmas. Its HIS birthday. I dont need to be politlcaly correct. Merry Christmas and the quilt is very nice..
Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 AM

This is a free country and freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want to.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:29 AM

I might get my nose snipped off to spite my face by saying this but I believe the sooner we all forget "politically correct!" and get back to being Christians in anything we do and talking correctly as we were taught to talk from birth on - the better off this world is going to be - we are United States citizens, and we need to go by the constitution the way it was written way back when, and this politically correct BS has got to GO! If THEY don't want to believe in our Christ, so be it, but don't jam their way of thinking down our throats either; we've been here longer and have lived a good life with the Lord as our leader and saviour! AMEN! I will say Merry Christmas till they burn me at the stake - I will not bow to their ways!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:36 AM

The Holy Day, holiday we celebrate is Christ's Birth. MERRY CHRISTMAS! and continue the celebration for eleven more days.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44 AM

Merry Christmas......And I tell that to everyone......When I tell that to a clerk and they say we can't say that, I tell them, then I will say it for your.....MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-16-2010, 10:06 AM

amen to Jada1044
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 AM

I say "Merry Christmas" all the time, but I'm not offended by "Happy Holidays." They both work for me. What offends me is Christmas decorations going up before Halloween.