Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Time spent quilting. >

Time spent quilting.

Time spent quilting.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
Someone cleans my house, family takes care of themselves (only hubby and me), quilt whenever I want to.
Ditto
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM

I'm retired, so my time is my own. However, I do have DGKs that I love to babysit. So, sometimes I quilt a lot; sometimes, I don't.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Thankfully my life is much like clsurz's. Been there, done all that other stuff and now the two of us play as we want. 42 years together today!!!
emerald46
Congratulations on the 42 yrs :thumbup:
Old 10-05-2011, 04:15 AM

You are supposed to clean house? I thought you only straightened, and I read here several years ago, that a house is a home only when you can write I love you on the furniture.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
Well quilting is my "job". SO I spend quite a bit of time quilting. I am also a full-Time Student at WSU ( GO COUGS!!!), A wife and Mother of 6.
So I actually pay someone to come in and clean my house a couple hours a week as I can't keep up on everything myself.
I wondered how you could do as many quilts and take care of 6 children and go to school, I believe for nursing. Still don't know how you do it all even without the housework. You are amazing.....
Old 10-05-2011, 04:25 AM

It's just the two of us now, but I do spend almost every evening with quilting, sewing, piecing. I spend about 2-3 hours every evening during the week, and sometimes on weekends. We have a lot of land to take care of, BUT now that gardening is behind us, cleaning up the gardens takes a lot of time during the day. And I still cannot find as much time quilting as I'd like to. Soon, with snow on the ground, I will have more free time! Ohh...to find the days when I could hire someone to come in and clean for us..this would be a dream come true! I do know that I have more pride in the finished product, due to the time it takes to complete just one more!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 AM

Being retired I try to get in 3 to 4 hours a day up in my studio, not always quilting but doing!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 AM

depends on whats going on here. after hubby heads to work I can spend time in the sewing room, but still have to take time out to clean and cook, etc. watching my daughters puppy while she works till its big enough to NOT POTTY in the house! anywhere from 4-6 hours a day.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 AM

I am retired on DI. While I feel a lot better these days I am eleven years older than when I first got sick. Most of my quilting these days is Linus quilts and I make about 20 a month. That includes some that are fleece that I just crochet a decorative border on. Recently I got into making these little "pillowcase" dresses for chairity. My husband is still working so after I fix him breakfast and pack him a lunch the day is mine for at least 9 hours. I handquilt with a group of ladies at the local Senior Center for a couple of hours on Mondays. I belong to two guilds that take up at least 6 hours a month and a small Bee that takes up another 4 hours or so a month. I do grocery shop,do laundry and cook supper for 5 days a week. I have a woman who does my heavy cleaning every three weeks. With just the two of us now our cat is the one who makes the most mess. Most of the handquilting I do these days is small carry around projects that I can take to the BEE ect. I still collect fabric, thread, gadgets and machine embroidery designs. I will proably make a few things for Christmas mostly for my friends as my children and grandchildren are like most people and don't have a clue. After 40+ years of quilting there is no hurry. Inbetween I manage to read at least 4 novels a week and I love TV. At least I can watch TV and handquilt or crochet at the same time.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:41 AM

I am retired but I only quilt 2 or 3 days aweek I bead somedays and do papercrafts also I also spend way to much time on the computer or reading