Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What Your Quilts Say About You >
  • What Your Quilts Say About You

• What Your Quilts Say About You

Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 AM

I guess that mine would sometimes say that I am a mixed up mess. Other times it would say that I am a well-ordered person. If you looked at a whole selection of what I have done, you would probably say that I am a person who loves diversity.
    Old 01-02-2014, 04:39 AM

Interesting question. I know that I like order around me. I did a lot of small projects for Christmas giving. I made all of them from my stash so things got really got disordered (for me). I have been putting it all away so I can think about my goals for the New Year. I have laid out several goal projects for this year and will kit them today as I put away fabric and patterns from the Christmas stuff. I hope to take on new challenges in quilting this year. But I promise to finish everything I start. Having UFOs drives me crazy because so much money and time is involved. I really like traditional patterns done in a very modern look. I really like quilting designs that are orderly and ornate-I plan for lots of negative space to do that.
    Old 01-02-2014, 05:08 AM
    Power Poster

I guess mine say I will never be an advanced quilter but I love it anyway.
    Old 01-02-2014, 05:13 AM

I like "order" in my quilts. Always use a pattern and have my colors in my head and organized. I've made many quilts in my head and most of them are un-made at this time. I buy all my fabric on clearance but always good quality cottons. If I put so much time and love in my quilts, I want them to last "forever". Also, I am definetly Traditional, loving Dresden Plate, Log Cabins, 9 Patch, etc. Want to try a Scrappy but don't know if my personality will allow me to. I like "order" in my life also and right now after the Holiday mess I can't do anything until I get this mess put away.
    Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 AM

I guess my quilts say that I am a very independent person and do not like to be told what to do. I prefer to design my own, and if I start out with a pattern, I usually change it someway to make it my own. I also do this with crochet patterns.
    Old 01-02-2014, 05:23 AM

Mine say I have a lot of scraps and I don't see very well! (Both are true).
    Old 01-02-2014, 05:30 AM

All my quilts have black in them, so I guess they shout out that I'm a Goth. The few I've made without black have been really hard to finish, and I've had to rip apart the ones I tried to start with white -- so very bizarre! I cannot for the life of me do a scrappy one, although I've tried and like the ones others do -- just gotta have more control for my own. I also like bright colors and batiks, and modern patterns more than real traditional ones.
    Old 01-02-2014, 05:42 AM

I've made many different types of quilt. It just depends on my mood. After making a very soft colored quilt I made my avatar quilt which is applique just for the pleasure of it. I've done sampler, snail trail, log cabin, quilts from pictures, machine embroidered quilts as well as scrap quilts, some ordered some totally random. Also I spy quilts as well as paper pieced.
    Guess that says I like change and am open to trying new things.
    Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 AM

Miine tell me that I love to sample things -- hence my love for making sampler quilts. Mine tell me that I have to have a reason for doing what I do - like when I make a quilt as a gift, the quilt design, coloring, pattern of the fabric all has to reflect the person I am making the quilt for (or is that for whom I am making the quilt - never end a sentence with a proposition or is that preposition!!!). People can generally tell my quilts from others. That's fine with me because they can see themselves in the quilt as I see them. Mine tell me that I have to enjoy what I am doing, seeing, feeling or tasting. If I am happy with what I see with a completed quilt, then I have done well. And I want God to like it too!!!!! I think He does! Edie
    Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
    I guess mine say I will never be an advanced quilter but I love it anyway.
    I'm with you there. Mine would say I'm not a perfectionist. Most of my quilts are charity quilts, so my hope is that they say they've been made with love and that they provide warmth and comfort.