Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Your Quilts Say About You >

What Your Quilts Say About You

What Your Quilts Say About You

Old 01-02-2014, 09:07 AM
T.

Wow! that sounds like me too. I would start out pretty "organized" and structured; and then...anything goes with what I have. I just want to see it finished
Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 AM

I like to try new and different things. I don't much like appliqué although I do appliqué pillows, mug rugs etc.. I despise quilts where each block is different like block of the month type quilts.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Unable to follow instructions, what you see is what you get, traditional/modern, creative (all my quilts are made without benefit of patterns - see the first item on the list), determined (stubborn) and full of love.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 AM

I like all the colors to compliment each other and of course must have borders. I like my life to be calm.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=ube quilting;6486948]Mine would say eclectic care free and not focused. I like just about every thing except primary colors. I will put any fabrics together with abandon and just see what happens. Thirty prints will go right next to a batik, next to a cabbage rose print, next to a plaid and for good measure I will always try to throw in some of my beloved polka dots.

me too except I like primary colors too.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 AM

Order....what's that? Most of my quilts are made 'flying by the seat of my pants'. Sometimes I change my mind mid- quilt. But they ususally turn out fine. Scrappy are my very favorite.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 AM

I don't seem to fit in the same category as most of you. I made my first quilt at 20 and it was patchwork. I quickly learned that what I like best is the hand quilting. I have completed several queen sized white on white quilts. On several others I have used my embroidery machine to make the blocks. For charity quilts I usually make them of a whole cloth print and then use a decorative stitch to quilt them just enough to stay together and hold up in the wash. I am involved in our local Linus Project and usually make at least 20 children's quilts for them each month. Most of them are just childish print panels machine quilted with a decorative stitch and self bound. In the last couple of years I have begun making fleece throws or quilts by crocheting a decorative border around the piece of fleece. At this point half my Linus quilts are of the fleece. In the mean time the quilts I haven't given away are mostly displayed and used on my bed, a cedar chest, the sofa and a wing chair in the living room. I rotate the quilts to assure that they fade equally. My quilts are scattered about the house to provide something warm to cuddle with when watching TV or reading. In the mean time I probably have at least 100 yards of fabric waiting for me to use. I have a bad habit of constantly adding to my collection.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM

Mine say I have multiple personalities disorder. Mine also say I don't like pastels.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

I have to admit that when I first began quilting, I chose mostly traditional blocks, but coordinated in the colors I chose. Then, I was hosting our bi-annual family reunion, and I came up with this brilliant (?) idea of making a quilt that we could raffle off. The previous reunion my DB and SIL suggested that each family pick a color and wear T-shirts in that color so that our uncle from CA who had not met the majority of us could tell who belonged to who. Well, I received fabrics in those colors, green, red, yellow, purple, blue, teal, and black. I picked the album block, and made one block for each family - it was definitely a challenge and definitely took me out of my comfort zone. The quilt was a hit, my oldest brother won the quilt and I was encouraged to continue making quilts. After one more family colors quilt, I picked red/white/blue, green, black and white, blue, etc. and I now really enjoy the challenge of picking a color, a quilt block pattern/design and we end the reunion with the drawing for the quilt. I'm so glad that I started this tradition, as now something I made will be passed on, and my niece tells me that she's not ready to let me retire just yet - although this last reunion she graciously quilted the quilt on her long arm. I guess this says I love traditions with a challenge.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:56 PM

mine say I am scatter brained. I make all kinds of different ones. but sometimes get stuck on one for a couple times. then move on to something completely different that catches my fancy.