Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

oooooooooooooooooh those are ever-so beautiful.
Love the fabric/colour combo you are developing!!!

If you are talking about the templates to do each block ... yes you print them with the software. Each block you have the option to print a line drawing of the block templates (with seam allowance) or PP patterns (providing its PP-able though I have found some already that they do not show as such, and I just use the line drawing to make my own PP pattern).

If you are talking about the plastic templates .... here's what I ordered
Scroll down to the plastic templates
http://www.dearjane.com/order.htm
I really hesitated at the price of them and whether they were worth it, but oh yes, they have been more than worth their $. They are well marked, so that it makes it pretty slick to square up a block and trim it off ... or when squaring as WIP. Good investment, for sure!

I see there are trimming scissors ...... someone tell me about applique scissors? Important? What should I be looking for when purchasing? Or what NOT to get! Or just work with the scissors I have?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

I envy you the time you gals are spending with Jane! The blocks look great and I'm itching to work on something small--but duty calls.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I envy you the time you gals are spending with Jane! The blocks look great and I'm itching to work on something small--but duty calls.
Oh come on, OK ... just sneak in one!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:35 AM

QE, I promised I'd post my DJs when I got a few done. Here's a few, now you promise me you won't laugh![ATTACH=CONFIG]459581[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-row-1.jpg  
Old 01-31-2014, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

No laughing at all ....... I love the contrasts within each block and how the scrappy effect coordinates thru the group. Look at that FFC one ... great showcase of he FFC fabric. Love your B+W with the Ys. I haven't tried that one yet. The your FC birdie is so sweet! (Is spring really going to come?) And and and and ................. I love them all.

Now how would I choose my favourite??? Not sure! I think the pink and turquoise would be it, because of the colour/fabric combo and that you did applique. Perhaps that would be a tie with the B+W with the Ys. As you have said so many times, both right up there with colonoscopies, so congratulations to you with your first eleven done!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:04 AM

Jan--those blocks look great!! Like QE said good contrast in each block. I really like the orange one. I can't wait to get started on mine...probably will be March before I can do much pp'ing though. I've been measuring so I know what sizes to cut my fabrics for both DJ and 50 Stars...gives me something to do.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... Why am I not surprised at your orange *like*? What I really like on that one is the subtlety ... shows that we don't always have to have strong contrasts. Good for you for quilting in a different way right now. When you finally get back in the saddle, you will be able to see quick results, with all your prep work now.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Power Poster

What a beautiful array of Janes--no plain Janes here! Jan you do scrappy so well--it's not a mish mash of colors, but a careful selection of fabric choices albeit from your scraps.
Like carrie, I picked my favorite color--the blue pinwheel in the rt hand corner. Thanks for showing them to us.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:12 AM

Oh, those are great Jan! I still have not opened my software, but I did install it! LOL I've got all my blocks finished for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, but have not started sewing them together yet. I'm almost caught up on my 50 Stars blocks, and have fallen behind on the Spike Your English blocks (not real fond of them).
Old 01-31-2014, 01:12 PM

Wow Jan, those are beautiful! Great use of the FFC fabric And the little bird, great fuzzy cutting!